Fórumok

Apache Web Server or IIS forLiferay bundled with Tomcat on a Windows server

thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Apache Web Server or IIS forLiferay bundled with Tomcat on a Windows server

Expert Bejegyzések: 329 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Apache Web Server or IIS forLiferay bundled with Tomcat on a Windows server?

We are going to have multiple domains with semi complicated redirects. We also want to install multiple SSL certificates. Does anyone have any recommendations on what would work better?

Thanks!

Brian
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Apache Web Server or IIS forLiferay bundled with Tomcat on a Windows se

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
For your requirements (SSL) I would try Stud (SSL) + HaProxy (redirects) or Nginx (alone or with HaProxy).

They are very lightweight and scalable at the same time.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think it depends on whether you're going to be integration your web server with some other application too (like exchange) and the skill sets of those who are going to maintain it.

IIS with graphical interface may be easier to those who used it while Apache httpd has many functions. I think there's also a concern on cost. I think MS's price was a lot more for internet servers.
thumbnail

We already have IIS running and that is probably the strength of our system administratorss. However, no one is against learning something new. We're looking for the right tool that is going to cause us the least hassle down the road. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll do a little research and testing and re-post what I ended up going with.

Brian
thumbnail
Arno Broekhof, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 42 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Want to run a JAVA application on IIS ?emoticonemoticon

the best approach is to use the programs / application that are most comfortable for you!
but if you want a big setup, then i strongly suggest moving over from windows to linux as it is more flexible to configure.

also for configuring consistency in you're systems i strongly advise using puppet to do this emoticon
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Want to run a JAVA application on IIS?

Well, no. He's asking whether to use Apache httpd server or IIS in front of liferay on tomcat. The java application will be running on tomcat. Apache httpd or IIS will just be redirecting traffic to Liferay.
thumbnail
Arno Broekhof, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 42 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
I know he can't run it on iis, but also running iis as a reverse proxy for liferay isn't that easy and stable, best is to use apache, nginx, lighttpd or haproxy for this because they have builtin support for doing reverse proxy things
thumbnail

It's quite common. Following is a sample steps to connect IIS and Tomcat. Googling IIS and Tomcat will bring several others.

http://ashrafhossain.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/how-to-configure-iis-7-and-tomcat-redirection-on-windows-server-2008-64-bit/
thumbnail

We actually have IIS 7 running in front of the tomcat bundled liferay now. It was pretty easy to setup and seems to work well. I hope to come up with some instructions and post soon.

Thanks,

Brian
thumbnail
lutz Bremen, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 291 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
could u please give a update how u set up iis in front of tomcat to use it with liferay? thats exactly what im searching right now
thumbnail
lutz Bremen, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 291 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
anyone?
thumbnail

1. Install ARR (application request routing)

You can obtain the appropriate install for the ARR IIS7 extension at http://www.iis.net/download/applicationrequestrouting
The Server Farms node is seen if ARR is installed correctly

2. Create Server Farm

highlight the ‘Server Farms’ node in the left panel of the IIS7 Management Console .
Choose ‘Create Server Farm’ from the right hand side action menu.
You will be prompted for a name for the farm. For my needs in setting up the Open Text Delivery Server behind IIS7, I gave the farm the name ‘Tomcat – Delivery Server’.
You will then be prompted to set up a server in the farm. In our case, we are just going to select the localhost instance of Tomcat running on port 8080. To specify the port, open the ‘Advanced settings’. Strangely, there appears to be no easy way to edit a servers port once set up so make sure you are correct, otherwise you will have to delete and add a new server.

Make sure you open the Advanced settings to edit the port number

3. Configure the Routing Rules

Now that we have informed IIS7 about the server that sits behind, we need to let it know how we wish to delegate HTTP requests to it. To do this, we choose the newly created Server Farm in the left hand panel and select the Routing Rules feature.Within here, we have a few options. I’ve chosen to keep the defaults of having both checkboxes checked and have no exclusions set as I am delegating this responsibility to the URL Rewrite Rules.

From here, you can add and modify the rewrite rules defining how requests are delegated using the ‘URL Rewite’ link in the right-hand action panel.

4.) disable disable cache in iis

5.) disable kernel cache in iis
thumbnail
Muhammad Asif, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 25 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
This is a very important and helpful post.

I had configured liferay behind an IIS and all is working except the login/logout page redirects were giving issues.

It seems right now that after disabling the cache on IIS this issue will be resolved.

I have applied this and trying.

Thanks for this post.