Fórumok

cannot install liferay CE 6.0.4 bundle with tomcat

tong123123 tong123123, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

cannot install liferay CE 6.0.4 bundle with tomcat

New Member Bejegyzések: 23 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.08.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
as shown in the attachment, I download the liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.6-20110225.zip and unzip it, then I run the tomcat inside the liferay tomcat bundle, then when I open http://127.0.0.1:8080, the liferay portal screen is not shown, instead tomcat screen is shown as attachment.
My home PC is running Win XP home edition, is it related?
Venkata Gurram, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: cannot install liferay CE 6.0.4 bundle with tomcat

New Member Bejegyzések: 20 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.01.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
I had similar problem on XP. I got this issue when I unzip the archive with winzip tool. Seems there is an problem with winzip, XP & archive file. Use different tool to unzip the archive and check the installation.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: cannot install liferay CE 6.0.4 bundle with tomcat

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
As Venkata replied, MS Windows' File Explorer doesn't properly unzip file with long names so you're missing some liferay files.

BUT

that's probably not the reason because you're using Tomcat's default home page. Liferay's Tomcat bundle doesn't have Tomcat's default home page.
You're seeing that page probably because you probably have another tomcat installed on your pc. Liferay's isn't starting up because the another tomcat
is already using ip address 127.0.0.1:8080. That or you're just seeing a previously installed Tomcat's home directory in your web browser's cache.

BTW, your title said 6.0.4 and your message says it's 6.0.6.
tong123123 tong123123, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: cannot install liferay CE 6.0.4 bundle with tomcat (Válasz)

New Member Bejegyzések: 23 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.08.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
Finally I found the solution, I need to clear the environment variable CATALINA_HOME which point to another tomcat installation.