Fórumok

Subscribing Unauthenticated Users to Web Content Display Updates

Ed O'Connell, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Subscribing Unauthenticated Users to Web Content Display Updates

New Member Bejegyzések: 8 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.01.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am working on a requirement to allow unauthenticated users to subscribe to a particular piece of content. That content is a simple structure/template which allows content admins to change some text and icons in order to indicate the status of particular services at my institution.

A co-worker is developing a service using service builder that will accept email addresses and store them, and then also handle the sending of mail.

I have to figure out how to:

1) Allow users to enter their email and submit it to the database.

and

2) Trigger the send mail service when the content is updated.

For the moment I am mostly asking about 2) Triggering the service.

If I can find a way to post to the service URL on the publish event, I think I should be able to do this. But I do not know how to listen for that event. Is there something obvious I am missing. Has anyone else had to do anything remotely similar with Web Content Display?

I realize there may be other alternatives, but at the moment I am limited to working inside these constraints. I did, for instance, read something about the PubSub feature of Open Social, but Open Social is not enabled on our liferay instance.

I am working in LR 6.1

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Subscribing Unauthenticated Users to Web Content Display Updates

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Check what liferay is doing with RSS feeds. It just set up a cron schedule which periodically checks for updates and send the feeds.