Fórumok

Image Gallery recommendation

gordon daniels, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Image Gallery recommendation

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 797 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Good Day,

I am looking for an image gallery that will display thumbnails with text, and on hover, enlarge. I know LR's image gallery does this, but it also shows folders. I want something nice and clean. Has anyone installed something that meets the above criteria? Doesn't matter whether its jquery or javascript. I've searched and know there are a lot out there. I was hoping someone could recommend one they use with LR.

thanks
thumbnail
Daniele Baggio, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Image Gallery recommendation

Expert Bejegyzések: 336 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.12.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
We have built a image galley navigation portlet in lightbox style using this library:

http://codecanyon.net/item/jquery-lightbox-evolution/full_screen_preview/115655

It's ok, and if you find a old version it's free.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sorry, but where can I download the portlet? The link only shows a jQuery Lightbox Evolution page and there's not portlet download page.

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 797 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Daniele: thanks for the response. I'm not sure if I could build that but am taking a look at the code.

thanks again
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
If you're going to be developing it and if you images are pre-chosen, following page may be of some help. The demo is just for enlarging images, but just add text underneath it. Shouldn't be too difficult.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6632539/image-enlarge-on-hover-with-content-inside-div-box-attached-to-image

Hitoshi: thanks for the link. I looked at it and its a possible approach. I definitely was hoping someone would have experience with an image gallery or photoalbum that they have used on LR.
thumbnail

There's a simple carousel portlet in the Marketplace which used Alloy UI and Web Content portlet. I think you can just replace the Alloy UI code with the jQuery code and it should work. Personally, I'm not in favor of using Web Content portlet this way because it's too much of a hassle to end users but I have to say it's much simplier than writing a portlet.

Hitoshi: Wow - this is scary. I had the same idea and was just now in the process of trying it out. Thanks for hanging in there with help.