Fórumok

How to show Asset publisher content in separate page?

Rupesh Chotai, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

How to show Asset publisher content in separate page?

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 163 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,
I have created Asset publisher with two different types of assets - 1. Web Content Display and 2. Basic Document type.
After clicking on "Read more>>" for each item in Asset publisher portlet I want to display the content in separate page. (currently it loads the details in the same portlet)

Any idea, how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for suggestions and replies.
thumbnail
Nono Carballo, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: How to show Asset publisher content in separate page?

New Member Bejegyzések: 15 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.06.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
Select "View in a specific portlet" under "Asset link behavior" in the portlet configuration form.

HTH

Nono

Rupesh Chotai:
Hi All,
I have created Asset publisher with two different types of assets - 1. Web Content Display and 2. Basic Document type.
After clicking on "Read more>>" for each item in Asset publisher portlet I want to display the content in separate page. (currently it loads the details in the same portlet)

Any idea, how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for suggestions and replies.

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 163 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Nono,
Thanks for reply.

I have selected "View in a specific portlet" under "Asset link behavior" in the portlet configuration form. Still details are displayed in asset publisher portlet only.
I explored this WIKI page. This shows Web Content display in different page however that "display page" has to have Asset publisher portlet in it. And this setting of "Default Display Page" can be done for web content display only. The asset publisher portlet I have on page contains mixed type of assets i.e. Web Content display and Basic Document type. So for 'Document Type' of asset there is no setting of Default Display Page.

Can there be any custom solution for this kind of problem?
thumbnail
Nono Carballo, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 15 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.06.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
Well, when "Asset link behavior" is active ("Show in Context" appears instead of "Read more") the asset publisher calls assetRenderer.getURLViewInContext(...) for getting the URL to show the full content. Is the asset renderer registered for the asset you are interested in the responsible in return a proper URL, for example, the asset renderer for the JournalArticle asset is in the file JournalArticleAssetRenderer.java, and the method getURLViewInContext returns noSuchEntryRedirect at the end.

HTH

Nono

Rupesh Chotai:
Hi Nono,
Thanks for reply.

I have selected "View in a specific portlet" under "Asset link behavior" in the portlet configuration form. Still details are displayed in asset publisher portlet only.
I explored this WIKI page. This shows Web Content display in different page however that "display page" has to have Asset publisher portlet in it. And this setting of "Default Display Page" can be done for web content display only. The asset publisher portlet I have on page contains mixed type of assets i.e. Web Content display and Basic Document type. So for 'Document Type' of asset there is no setting of Default Display Page.

Can there be any custom solution for this kind of problem?

Yes, asset render is registered for the asset. Thats why when I make it the default display page of web content display he re-directs to that page. However i have to have the asset publisher instance present in that - which i dont want there. I just want a simple page showing the details of web content display without having the asset publisher instance on that page.

Hi All,
Any suggestion on this please?

I observed that showing asset details in the same portlet causes performance issue also, since it is going to refresh the whole page. And I have 10 different portlets on this page which leads to calls to server side and not a good user experience.