Fórumok

6.2 Calendar features

Marco Roello, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

6.2 Calendar features

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.10.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
HI,

any news about liferay 6.2 Calendar capabilities?

I've installed liferay 6.2 RC6. The global look and feel is great, and the Enterprise Calendar seems very nice too.
I have few questions:

Anyone could give me any information on how exporting or synching with a mobile/desktop client? (Android, Outlook....).
Rest url for ics file?
Caldav support?
What are the sync features that will be included in 6.2 GA1?

Thanks in advance
Marco Roello
thumbnail
Andrea Di Giorgi, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: 6.2 Calendar features

New Member Bejegyzések: 19 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi!
Speaking about Calendar synchronization capabilities, there will be a session about them at the Liferay Italy Symposium, so stay tuned emoticon
Marco Roello, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.10.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
HI,
Any news about Liferay 6.2 Calendar sync capabilities?
I've read that Liferay sync 6.2 release date is still unknown. There will be an update soon, but it will regard only 6.1. And no new features officially planned.

Need to know if there is an "out of the box" calendar sync feature in liferay 6.2.

Thanks!
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Marco,

Liferay Sync is currently focused on syncing documents on the portal and there are currently no immediate plans to include calendar sync support.

CalDAV/ICS etc integration would need to first be built directly on Liferay Portal, then Liferay Sync could eventually be a desktop tool to add calendar events or show notifications.

The existing ticket discussing CalDAV integration is LPS-39545. If you'd like to see the feature gain more traction, you can bring it to the forefront through our Ideas page: link.

Also, as Andrea mentioned above, SMC (a Liferay partner) has built a connector to support Calendar synchronization. I saw their demo during devcon a few weeks ago and it seemed to work excellently.