Fórumok

FCKEditor and Internet Explorer 11

Jose Carlos Fernández, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

FCKEditor and Internet Explorer 11

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.06.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
We have a problem with Liferay 5.2.3 web-content fckeditor and Internet Explorer 11. When we edit something the editor is never showed. Any solution about this?
We've investigated a bit and we discovered that user-agent don't show MSIE like old versions but appears rv:11.0
thumbnail
Pierpaolo Cira, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: FCKEditor and Internet Explorer 11

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 141 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
This is not a LR problem but, as you said, a FCKEditor problem (due to the news of IE11; http://blog.smartbear.com/development/whats-new-for-developers-in-ie11/ here you will find also what you said about user agent).
In my mind you should try to upgrade your FCKEditor (if a new release IE11-compilant exists).

Pierpaolo Cira:
This is not a LR problem but, as you said, a FCKEditor problem (due to the news of IE11; http://blog.smartbear.com/development/whats-new-for-developers-in-ie11/ here you will find also what you said about user agent).
In my mind you should try to upgrade your FCKEditor (if a new release IE11-compilant exists).

Well it's not a direct LR problem but it's part of it and due to our servers configuration we cannot make such changes on them. We know about those things about new IE 11.
thumbnail
Pierpaolo Cira, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 141 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
So you aren't able to replace FCK?
In this way I think there isn't a solution... emoticon
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
use another browser to edit your content ?

Jack Bakker:
use another browser to edit your content ?

Hi Jack, that's not an option because we have a big web and we've got to let everybody edit the content wichever browser they use.

About replacing FCKEditor, our server configuration doesn't permit that option.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
the wyswyg editors that came with Liferay v5.2.3 Community Edition are old now ; IE 11 is new

as an aside, there are ckeditor incompatibilies also on Liferay v6.1 and IE10 even where fckeditor can be a better choice

however, this is not really a Liferay issue, but the WYSWYG editor involved

I personally haven't tried to upgrade fckeditor over v5.2.3 per your need here so really can't help much ; good thing other browsers work
Ismael Jimenez, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.09.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
The solution for Internet Explorer 11 to keep on using old version of FCKEditor (I'm Using 2006 Version).
1. Select Tools (Alt+X)
2. Select Compatibility Option b
3. Add the Required Domain(s)

And try again

Ismael Jimenez. iFox