Fórumok

Virtual Hosting Issue

thumbnail
Esteban Gould Diez, módosítva 16 év-val korábban

Virtual Hosting Issue

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.01.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi to all,

I've got a handful of communities within the Liferay Portal and I'm trying to set a virtual hosting for one of them (setting the public virtual host as www.domain.com) and when saving the changes an error msg is being shown up, reads: "Please enter a unique virtual host. Virtual hosts must be valid domain names. "

I've double checked all comunities in the Portal and there is no one with such domain as the public virtual host. Already restarted the Application server and looked up in documentation and the problem persists.

Any hel will be greatly appreciated.

Tx,
Esteban
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, módosítva 16 év-val korábban

RE: Virtual Hosting Issue

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2871 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Esteban,

That message can appear for one of the following reasons:
  • The domain name you've specified starts with http:// or https://
  • The domain name has been assigned to another community (look at the group table)
  • The domain name is assigned to an instance (look at the companies table)

You can also try debugging the execution of LayoutSetLocalServiceImpl.updateVirtualHost(...) to find out more details about the origin of the error.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

RE: Virtual Hosting Issue

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6396 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Jorge Ferrer:
You can also try debugging the execution of LayoutSetLocalServiceImpl.updateVirtualHost(...) to find out more details about the origin of the error.

Hi,
As I've been bitten by the same problem, I've just filed an Improvement Request (LPS-698) for some informative error messages from this routine. If there are more people with this problem, you might want to refer to this ticket and see, if there are comments for this ticket available.

Cheers,
Olaf