Fórumok

search box/portlet is hideing

Toshiro Mifune, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

search box/portlet is hideing

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 238 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.12.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have search box/portlet in my web-page and if I put some in the search text field and then press button ... generally the searching works well but that original search text field+button will disappear. Is there a way to let it shown?

I hope you understand what I want. Thank you for answers.
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: search box/portlet is hideing

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1302 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.06.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Which version you're using ? and can you please show a screenshot?
Toshiro Mifune, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 238 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.12.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
At first ... this is not mistake of liferay, I want to just change behaviour of search form (portlet id=3), liferay 6.2 ...

I dont know how to upload image from here, from my comp ... so ...

screen 1

screen 2
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1302 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.06.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
My understanding based on your images is.. you, either simply added the portlet to page and change the look and feel of it or you added the portlet to theme and changed look and feel.

When you search, portlet is opened in maximized mode and loads the default UI with search results. Can you verify if you are able to see search box in second screen (check using Firebug or something)? If you are able to get, see the css properties which are hiding it from main UI. If you're not, then render textbox in the same container again and hide the one you see below. You need to perform the actions when you search again. Hope I'm clear. To me it seems more like css/js play with DOM.
Toshiro Mifune, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

I was loooking for css ... to set all posiibilities to display:block, visibility: visible .... but nothing works ... I have no idea what to do ... I try to 'inspect element' but in my div (place where have been search box - image1) ... is nothing now ... if you know about something what ca be helpfull, please tell me ...

+ I tried to use jQuery but with no change

$('#div_name').children().show();

'div_name' ... inside is search portlet with id 3
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2416 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Toshiro,

It all depends on where you place the portlet. As others have said here, the portlet will go into a window state of MAIMIZED. In this mode its the same as making a window on your desktop maximize, it will cover all other portlets. The enception to what it will cover is the Theme itself (the headers, navigation, footer). If you want a portlet to always appear, even if another portlet on the page enters MAXIMIZED state, then you need to embed it in the theme.

In your search results url, try changing the MAXIMIZED parameter to NORMAL ... are you able to see it then?
thumbnail
Miroslav Ligas, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 152 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.07.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
Is this on a clean LFR or you have a custom theme deployed? The field should not be hidden. Look at the CSS that hides it and try to find out form where it's coming.
A good way how to start is to try the page with the default theme to see if the field get hidden also there.