Fórumok

Get JournalArticle created object in hooked processAction.

thumbnail
Raja Seth, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Get JournalArticle created object in hooked processAction.

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 233 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I had a requirement in which I needed to perform some operation after creation or adding JournalArticle, for which I created CustomEditArticleAction which hook the EditArticleAction class of Liferay. Below is the impl of my class :

public class CustomEditArticleAction extends BaseStrutsPortletAction {
    @Override
	public void processAction(StrutsPortletAction originalStrutsPortletAction, PortletConfig portletConfig,
			ActionRequest actionRequest, ActionResponse actionResponse)
			throws Exception {

originalStrutsPortletAction.processAction(null, portletConfig,
				actionRequest, actionResponse);

------------------------------------
------ My custom impl ------
------------------------------------
}

Now, I want the JournalArticle object which is recently created or added. Do I have any option to get the JournalArticle object, or I need to bring the original implementation of EditArticleAction class of Liferay.

Please let me know!!

Thanks & Regards,
Raja
thumbnail

RE: Get JournalArticle created object in hooked processAction.

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 233 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Has anybody came across of this type of scenario or I need to fetch through dynamic query with the content data I am getting from the request?
thumbnail
Himanshu Bhandari, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 148 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.05.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi
I don't know for what purpose you have created hook and what operations you want to perform, but for this
I want the JournalArticle object which is recently created or added

you can try this code :
JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.isLatestVersion(journal.getGroupId(), journal.getArticleId(), journal.getVersion()) &&
		  (!journal.isInTrash())&&
		  (!journal.isInactive())){}

Thanks
thumbnail

Hi Himanshu,

The approach you have mentioned requires an object of JournalArticle, but here if you see my above post I don't have an object. The snippet you have given is checking whether the article is of latest version or not.

Regards,
Raja
thumbnail
Himanshu Bhandari, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 148 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.05.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi
Yes off course, my approach will require to have an object of JournalArticle and if I am getting your question correctly that states
I want the JournalArticle object which is recently created or added.
to get that I have used following code:
List<journalarticle> listJournalartArticles=JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.getArticles(scopeGroupId);
   for(JournalArticle journal : listJournalartArticles){...}</journalarticle>

I don't have an object.

I am not getting any clue that without object How you will get recently added object.

Thanks
thumbnail

Hi Himanshu,

If you see my action method, I have used the below method :

originalStrutsPortletAction.processAction(null, portletConfig, actionRequest, actionResponse);

What this method do it executes the original processAction() first. So after the execution of this method I wouldn't have the JournalArticle object. If you check the existing code you would know that after this method execution if I want to get the same article it wouldn't be possible. So, is there any other possibility to get?

Thanks & Regards,
Raja
thumbnail
Harish Kumar, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 483 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Raja Seth:
Hi Himanshu,

If you see my action method, I have used the below method :

originalStrutsPortletAction.processAction(null, portletConfig, actionRequest, actionResponse);

What this method do it executes the original processAction() first. So after the execution of this method I wouldn't have the JournalArticle object. If you check the existing code you would know that after this method execution if I want to get the same article it wouldn't be possible. So, is there any other possibility to get?

Thanks & Regards,
Raja

Hi

better you should use Model Listener.