Fórumok

portlet ajax drop down menu

Ravi Harugoppa, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

portlet ajax drop down menu

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.08.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
i want to create drop down menu using ajax.please help me out regarding this.
thumbnail
Devang Patel, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: portlet ajax drop down menu

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 247 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.01.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Ravi Harugoppa,
Refer this
Hope this will help you.

Thank You,
Devang Patel

thank u for ur response....ya i got your point.but actually my question is how to create drop down menu in such way that.i need to take three drop downs one by one.after that
if i selected one option from first drop down .it should show the related options for that selection in second drop down.as respectively the third one also.
please help out .
thumbnail
Raja Seth, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 233 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Ravi,

Say for example you have 3 dropdowns(select1, select2 & select3) with values populated in select1. Now you need to call serveResource() method which will return the response for the select2 dropdown which you can populate through AUI script. Similarly you can implement the same for select3. You can refer some blogs which shows how to call serveResource().

HTH !

Regards,
Raja

thank u for ur response Raja seth.can u please send me the link.where i can get the code ,atleast idea to build the code for drop down menu which u have explained....
thumbnail
Raja Seth, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 233 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Ravi,

There are various bogs about serve resource people have written. Have a look at this or similar to you may get an Idea.

Regards,
Raja
thumbnail
Nikhil Nishchal, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 176 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.06.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello Ravi,
You can follow the approach as :
1. select first drop down
2. now call ajax and pass this selected value (as data) and the action as "firstData"
3. in serve resource if first data , then you can do the opration and pass the list as response
4. create new select option based on previous response and show them as 2nd drop down
5, now in selection on second drop down pass value and action as "secondData" to ajax
and process so on.
you can try by yourself by using ajax .
you may call ajax either by jquery or alloy ui.
Manohar Reddy, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 48 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Click here for ajax DropDown link