Fórumok

Better information about ext-plugins deployment into production

thumbnail
Alexey Kakunin, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Better information about ext-plugins deployment into production

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 621 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.07.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Deployment process of ext plugins into production are quite painful and for me it looks like this doc: http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/deploying-in-production do not note users about one important aspect: even app-server supports hot-deployment (so, method 1 is possible to use) - redeployment for ext-plugins is not working.
So, once ext-plugin is deployed - it cannot be redeployed by new version.
From current documentation it is not clear and from Method1 is looks like it is possible to redeploy ext by placing it into autodeploy folder.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Better information about ext-plugins deployment into production

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
The method is on redeploying "Liferay", not the ext plugin. ext plugin can not be redeployed. It's one of the major fault with the current ext plugin and the main reason I'm modifying the original Liferay code instead of using it.
Ext plugin enables easier upgrade of Liferay itself, but as it is now, it's not possible to easily upgrade the ext plugin itself. There is an ant command to delete the ext plugin, but as the article states, it may not be possible to execute an ant command on the production server.

I think the ext plugin is in the right direction, but I don't think all the required features are available yet. I think they're working on it and I'm going to wait it out until they do have something that I can really use.
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 676 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.02.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi Ozawa:
The method is on redeploying "Liferay", not the ext plugin. ext plugin can not be redeployed.

I think the problem is that it should be clearly stated that Ext Plugin cannot be redeployed, therefore you need to redeploy your production environment from scratch.

-- tom
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think the problem is that it should be clearly stated that Ext Plugin cannot be redeployed

I think that was written in another page. The specified page is about "redeploying liferay" and not about "redeploying ext plugin". It may be separating these pages is the source of the problem because most people just lands on a page from search result instead of reading documents from front to back. emoticon
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 676 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.02.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi Ozawa:
The specified page is about "redeploying liferay" and not about "redeploying ext plugin".

I'm not so sure emoticon

See header of the page:

Previous - Developing an Ext plugin

Table of Contents » Ext plugins » Deploying in production

Next - Migrating old extension...