Fórumok

Developer Guide Sample Applications

thumbnail
Jakob Fahrner, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Developer Guide Sample Applications

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I'm quite new to LifeRay and just more or less finished a crash course with the developer guide.
The guide is very helpfull and the examples a nice too, but I often wondered if there is a place to download the code within working sample applications.

I think it would be cool to have the code snippets in the guide to 4 downloadable plugins
so for each section on
  • my-greeting-portlet
  • deep-blue-theme
  • example-hook
  • ext-example

which can be imported to Eclipse and are working.

Because I often had the problem that some small code parts where missing and or some things simple didn't worked with the code from the guide.
So I wished to have some working examples to look at.
I tried to download some plugin applications from the public svn but I only found quite complicated to start with.

In my opinion that shouldn't be a great deal, but help a lot to start with developing
I would be very grateful if someone could provide this
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Developer Guide Sample Applications

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
You can download many samples from the Downloads page under either the Official Plugins or Community Plugins. Most of them come with source, and there are themes, templates, hooks, and portlets.

You'll find a number of portlet examples based upon your favorite web development stack (i.e. struts, spring mvc, jsf, etc.).
thumbnail
Jakob Fahrner, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks for your quick answer.
Yeah I noticed that there are quite a lot of applications to look at and I'm happy about this.

My point was if I start with the developer guide and there are example project described
It would be nice to have exactly these example plugins available to download in a working version.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think David means samples available in the svn:

http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk/portlets/
thumbnail
Richard Sezov, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 220 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.02.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Note that these are all on Github now:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins

--Rich
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Is github the "official" repository now. Will svn be faded out now (not updated)?
Would appreciate offical liferay.com stance of this issue.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2871 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Hitoshi,

Github is the main source repository now, but we are syncronizing it with SVN daily.

We will eventually stop using the SVN servers but we will let everyone know before we do that.
thumbnail

Thanks for the reply.

Which means you'll be moving away from SourceForge to GitHub.

I'll start using GitHub now then.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2871 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
We will still be using Sourceforge, just not for the version control of our source code.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi Ozawa:
I think David means samples available in the svn

No, actually I meant the source is available in the downloads of the plugins available from both the official plugins and the community plugins. You don't get the full build.xml, but the source code is there. For checking out how the plugins do their thing, often times that is enough.
thumbnail

Jakob,
Seems David meant the completed plugin source code. If you want to know how to use a particular feature, it's often easier to just look at samples in the svn.

http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk/portlets/