Fórumok

Openoffice issues

gordon daniels, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Openoffice issues

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 797 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Maybe I have misunderstood. I thought if openoffice was enabled you could see word docs. When I am in 'Documents and Media' and click on .doc, nothing happens. Looking at stacktrace here is error msg:

INFO: Excecuting command 'convert -limit area 2GiB -limit map 1GiB -limit memory 3GiB -alpha off -density 300x300 -adaptive-resize 1000 -depth

Could someone point out what I am doing wrong.

thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Openoffice issues

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
OO on the server will allow Liferay to convert the OO doc into a form that can be rendered in the browser. That's why you're seeing the "convert ..." execution...

Are you not seeing the doc, is the conversion not failing, or what is the issue? If it's a failure in the command, I'd try running it from the command line on the server to determine if you can isolate the problem outside of Liferay.

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 797 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
David: Long time no talk. The error I get is the posted one above. I think it has to do with memory. Good suggestion about trying from command line.

thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Yeah, it's weird that it has 3 different limit values, but hopefully the 3rd is the one that is used.
Gwowen Fu, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 315 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
gordon daniels:
When I am in 'Documents and Media' and click on .doc

Could you tell me where is this .doc link? I tried OpenOffice 4 and OpenOffice 3.4 with Liferay 6.1.20 EE and CE and I was not able to find out where is the configuration for conversion options for Documents and Media? For Web Content Display and Wiki, conversion options are presented but not for Documents and Media.

Thanks!
Gwowen

Gwowen: I was asking if Documents and Media allowed doc conversion or preview. Because I could not get it to work.
Gwowen Fu, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 315 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
gordon daniels:
Gwowen: I was asking if Documents and Media allowed doc conversion or preview. Because I could not get it to work.

Hi Gordon,

Yes, I know you have problem with the doc conversion but you have the doc link that allows you to click on it and do the conversion, right?
My problem is I don't even see those links for conversions. I looked Control Panel -> "Documents and Media", "Document and Media portlet" and "Document and Media Display portlet" and not able to find the link for conversion.

Could you post a screenshot where the doc link is if you could see the conversion link?

Thanks!
Gwowen

I had a doc in documents and media. I was clicking on it thinking it would give me a preview. It didn't.