Fórumok

Upgrading Liferay from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

rajesh bangaram, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Upgrading Liferay from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 71 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I am searching for the steps to upgrade Liferay from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6 (portal, hooks, ext, theme) , can any one help me?

Thanks in advance.

-Rajesh
thumbnail
constantin köck, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Upgrading Liferay from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

New Member Bejegyzések: 16 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
You need to update the database (there is an update script for it in the dbscripts download its just one table if i remember correctly ).
Portlets and themes can just be recompiled with the new version of the sdk (6.0.6) .
Hooks and Exts needs to analyzed if something overwritten has changed in 6.0.6 version (which is not very likely).

Then all your stuff should work in 6.0.6

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 71 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi köck,

Thank you for the reply.

But If i apply the steps mentioned by you, i cannot get benefits of the fixes done in version 6.0.6.

-Rajesh
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
First, you do not have to manually execute the db update scripts, LR will process the update automatically when you launch the 6.0.6 version.

For your hooks, etc., if you are relying on LR code (i.e. one of the LR services), you may want to re-create your project using the 6.0.6 SDK as that will pull in the 6.0.6 foundation when doing builds, but this is not always necessary as most of the time your plugin will be using glue code to access the LR core.

Basic rule of thumb is to try it as is, and only worry about fixing it if it is broke. And often times the fix is a simple matter of just rebuilding under the matching SDK version. But if you've overridden functionality (i.e. override a 6.0.5 JSP page that was updated in 6.0.6), you'll have to determine if your override needs to be reworked (so it is compatible w/ 6.0.6 changes) or whether it will still function as-is.

Thank you David for the information.

If possible can you please share page in Liferay having detailed steps about this process.

-Rajesh
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
There aren't really steps, per se. You just start up a 6.0.6 instance pointed to your 6.0.5 database and it will update the database on it's own.

As far as the plugins go, just deploy them as-is (from the 6.0.5 sdk dir to the 6.0.6 deploy dir) and try them out. Unless you're doing EXT plugins, I'm willing to bet that most of them are going to work correctly and will not require any modification.

Otherwise, to recreate in 6.0.6 sdk, use the same steps that you did to create them in 6.0.5 to set up the directories and initial values. Copy your 6.0.5 changes to the new 6.0.6 directories, then do the deploy.

But again, you should be able to grab a 6.0.6 bundle, add your plugins to the deploy dir, then fire it up and it should all work just fine...

Thanks a lot David, it helps me to start migration.

-Rajesh
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I tried an upgrade just now which was not successful with respect to document library in filesystem

I am guessing that on upgrade of database, references in db to doc lib filesystem paths get changed but filesystem paths don't get changed

any advise ?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6396 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
You need to give more information. What did you do? Did you update 6.0.5 to 6.0.6 as the subject of this thread indicates?

You'll find the 6.1 upgrade instructions in the user guide, the ones for 6.0 are still available in the administration guide for 6.0.

Let us know what you did and if the documentation helped you locating your issues
thumbnail

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Olaf ; you are right, I wasn't clear and should have waiting till the morning. It is now morning.

yes, I upgraded from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6 (as per subject of this thread)

7 themes, 8 custom layouts, 20 portlets MVC and Vaadin, one portlet with services, one hook ; all were upgraded in v6.0.6. SDK and these all worked fine

most of the site upgraded fine except the document library (thousands of documents) and uses the file system hook

dl.hook.file.system.root.dir=/someFileSystemPath

issue is that after upgrade the top level and second level document library folders are visible but they can't be navigated ; clicking a folder or file produces a blank page

I haven't found anything useful yet in the documentation or at issues.liferay.com where this issue occurs after an upgrade from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6
thumbnail

perhaps this is additionally useful:

so far I have found that two types of links are producing blank pages ; below are examples

*somePath*/-/asset_publisher/s2lI/content/*moreOfPathHere*

*somePath*/document-library/-/document_library/view/1390673
thumbnail

found it

issue was there when I had the below properties set

com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.cas.CASFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.ntlm.NtlmFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter=false

Commenting out these as below solved my issue

#com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter=false
#com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter=false
#com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.cas.CASFilter=false
#com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.ntlm.NtlmFilter=false
#com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter=false
#com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter=false
thumbnail
constantin köck, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 16 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Oh i thought thats clear:
Just replace the tomcat with the new version and deploy all your new compiled artefacts

regards const
Mudasar Kalwar, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 23 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.09.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi all,

after up-gradation from liferay 5.2.3 to 6.0.6 , I am unable to use the document library it is showing blank url like
Internal Server Error
An error occurred while accessing the requested resource.

http://localhost:8080/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=b3cb9885-76a3-4ce3-881b-46b234177deb&groupId=20

I have Included following lines for images and document library in portal-ext.properties file

image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.FileSystemHook
dl.hook.impl=com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.FileSystemHook
dl.hook.file.system.root.dir=${liferay.home}/data/document_library

please help me

Thanks