掲示板

Private Messaging Feature

thumbnail
15年前 に John Martin によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 29 参加年月日: 08/06/23 最新の投稿
Our company is planning on implementing a Private Messaging Portlet and are looking for comments and/or suggestions.

Description
The purpose of this enhancement System is to provide a private messaging system so that users will be able to send a message to another user in the system. The intent is to initially implement a very basic solution that will eventually be enhanced to include the typical features found in private messaging systems. The intent is to initially implement a very basic solution that will eventually be enhanced to include the typical features found in private messaging systems.

Initial Features
  • The feature should consist of a Private Messages portlet that can be placed in the users' Private Page. The portlet will provide the following functionality:
    a. There will be an Inbox, Sent and Archive folders
    b. Received messages will appear in the Inbox folder
    c. Messages will be displayed by order received (oldest to newest)
    d. List should indicate the state of the message (unread, read, replied)
  • A registered user will have the ability to send another user a message
    a. A "Send me a private message" link will appear on individuals Profile Page
    b. If user is not logged in it will require them to login first
  • The Create Private Message action will present the Sender with a Compose message window that includes Subject and Message text area in addition to Send and Cancel buttons.
    a. Subject and Text area will only allow plain text
    b. HTML and javascript will need to be stripped out upon submission
    c. Size of text message will be limited to a configurable number of bytes (i.e. 2KB )
    d. Javascript should indicate the amount of remaining bytes available
  • Messages will be stored into database and the sender and receiver point to the same record. A one-to-many relationship should be used along with the state so that each user has their own state.
  • The user should be able to switch between viewing messages in the Inbox, Sent and Archived folders
  • The user must be able to click on a message in the folder to read it. Actions should include:
    a. Reply - Opens the Compose message window i. Subject should be copied and 'RE: ' prefix added i. Original body should be copied into the message box with spacing above and separator line that includes On mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm, sender name wrote: i. Reply should only work in the Inbox and Archived folders. Reply doesn't make sense in the Sent folder.
    b. Close - returns back to list
    c. Archive- move message to archive folder and returns back to list
    d. Delete - removes message and returns back to list
  • User should be notified that they have new messages (where/how TBD)
  • Once all users (Sender & Recipients) have "deleted" their reference to a message it will be physically deleted from the database.
  • A message that is deleted by an Administrator is not visible to either sender or recipient
  • The sender IP address should be saved with the message for spamming and auditing purposes

Future Enhancement Features
  • User should be able to compose message and select recipient from Friends List
  • Send private message should be linked to Blogs, Forum posts, etc.
  • Messages can be reported to Administration for inappropriate content
  • Administrators should have the ability to review reported inappropriate messages
  • Administrators should have the ability to suspend user accounts from sending messages.
  • Administrators should be able to view any messages (how to locate TBD)
  • Administrators should be able to delete messages
  • Additional actions Recipient should be do when reading messages:
    1. Flag messages as SPAM.
    1. Sender will be blocked by user
    2. Message recorded as SPAM and removed from the Recipient's inbox
    3. Report should expose potential SPAMMERS.
    2. Block Sender- removes the message and blocks sender for the recipient
  • User should be able to unblock previously blocked users
  • System must be able to prioritize message delivery, i.e depending on message category deliver in a prioritized manner
  • When composing messages the Sender can select other individuals to send message to.
  • Sender can choose to send copy to them self
  • User should be able to sort message list by date, sender, subject
  • User should be able to forward messages to other users (dependent on the ability to select contacts)
  • There should be a mail box size limit.
    1. Size limit will be configurable
    2. Paid subscribers will have a higher limit than non-paying accounts
    3. Once mailbox limit exceeded, Sender will receive message that recipient mailbox is full.
    4. An alert could be added for the user
    5. The size of messages should appear in mailbox lists
15年前 に Stan M によって更新されました。

RE: Private Messaging Feature

Regular Member 投稿: 208 参加年月日: 08/01/28 最新の投稿
I have read several posts claiming the lack of a private message system is one of Liferay's shortcomings compare to other applications. The details you have provided sounds great to me. There is also a formal request for a similar feature in (LEP-5897).
15年前 に Ganesh Ram によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 199 参加年月日: 08/02/05 最新の投稿
John,

I think this is related to the "Presence" feature. See this LEP

RUON (read as "are you ON") enables "Presence" feature in LR and allows communication between users through chat, call, sms and mail.
So I think private messaging should also be possible.

HTH,
Ganesh
thumbnail

Hello Ganesh,

I took some time to look over RUON and believe that it solves part of the problem but what we are planning to implement is still missing with RUON. RUON connects the various communications mechanisms while what we are trying to do is provide basically a scaled down email system which provides persisted messaging amongst users in the community. Once the PM is implemented, I can see it being integrated with RUON as an alternative to the email system.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Regards,

John
thumbnail
15年前 に Mauro Mariuzzo によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 142 参加年月日: 07/07/23 最新の投稿
I think you have described an e-mail system.

We have similar needs for our Social network project "www.pjoon.com". And our solution was to develop a new portlet in EXT mode based on a new table "MessageEntry".

I think your (and us) need is a portlet with persistence (all the messages is archived and accesible). If I have correctly understood ruon non have persistence
thumbnail

Hi Mauro,

Yes - our PM implementation is pretty much a scaled down email system. It is meant to be used to send messages between users primarily when the other party is not online. I believe the RUON would be a good integration point for the PM portlet.

I would be interested in what you have done with the MessageEntry and portlet.

Thanks,

John
thumbnail
15年前 に Ray Augé によって更新されました。

Re: [Liferay Forums][7. Suggestions and Feature Requests] RE: Private Messa

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1197 参加年月日: 05/02/08 最新の投稿
Have any of you looked at the Announcements service in Liferay 5.0+?

It implements persistent messaging, the API provides for User to User,
User to UserGroup, User to Group (Community/Org), and User to Role. It
can forward messages to email, SMS and will be displayed in the portlet
if the user has access to it.

The UI for creating Announcements doesn't provide for User to User
messaging, but the API is fully enabled. SO, forwarding a Chat message,
or any other type of message, would be as simple as checking presence,
and if not on-line, delivering the message as an announcement targeted
at the user, thus persisting the message.

Further more, the Announcements portlet/service tracks "read" state,
allows browsing old messages and timestamps of the user's viewing of the
message.

So, rather than re-inventing the wheel, why not simply add other
missing/required features onto this existing service? I'm sure that
between, Announcements, Activities, the message-bus, and RUON, there is
more than enough framework available to piece together the functionality
that you need, it might be as simple as providing a list for
"friends" (see the social service) and by checking presence (see RUON,
or Chat portlet), initiate one of:

- direct email
- chat
- announcement (web, email ,SMS)
- web conference through some VOIP service or whatever...

HTH!
thumbnail
15年前 に Mauro Mariuzzo によって更新されました。

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][7. Suggestions and Feature Requests] RE: Private M

Regular Member 投稿: 142 参加年月日: 07/07/23 最新の投稿
Hi Ray,

you're right: Announcements could be a valid starting point for a "Private Messaging System".

I've implemented my solution in Liferay 4.4.2.

And now, that I'm planning to switch to 5.1.0, I'm evaluating pros and cons to switch to Announcements.
14年前 に Baris Sener によって更新されました。

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][7. Suggestions and Feature Requests] RE: Private M

Expert 投稿: 278 参加年月日: 09/06/23 最新の投稿
Hey guys,

I just found this thread, and I'm about to start working on a messaging portlet. Did anyone start building anything?

Baris
15年前 に Jeffrey Lilly によって更新されました。

RE: Private Messaging Featur

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 07/06/14 最新の投稿
Hello John,

Our organization is also planning such a feature. I have not had a chance to look into Ray's suggestion re: the announcements service, but will look into it soon. What is your analysis of integration on this point?

Please let me know if you would like to collaborate on the PM feature.

Thanks,
Jeffrey
thumbnail

We looked into the Announcements functionality and decided against it as it sort of polluted the functionality of announcements. Instead we went ahead with a couple of new tables strictly for private messaging. Our first phase of the implementation is nearly complete and are awaiting approval from the client to add the portlet to the 3rd party portlets.
15年前 に Areshchanka Alexandr Alexandrovich によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 09/02/25 最新の投稿
Could you please provide your solution because of I need to implement private messages too.
thumbnail
14年前 に Jonas Yuan によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 993 参加年月日: 07/04/27 最新の投稿
Hi John,

Any progrees in this feature? I really need it, too.

Do you have any plan to contribute PM portlet back to Liferay community?

Thanks

Jonas Yuan

-----------------
Liferay Books

Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
thumbnail
14年前 に Daniel M. Ingram によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 09/08/22 最新の投稿
I was actually just about to employ a Russian programmer to do it for me, and one of my tech friends who is helping me came up with these specs, in addition to the basic instruction: "Copy the Wetpaint PM feature":

Selecting recipients for private messages
--auto-complete or suggestion prompts/pop-up when names are partially typed in
--“to” button which shows an address list of recipients for the portal
--options for administration to send to distribution, individual portlets, or other member groups
--ability to add/remove users from the “recipient list” of a PM at any time prior to sending the PM.

Subject line – 30 characters long.

Body
--Replying to a PM causes forum-style threading within each PM so that users do not need to open multiple PMs to re-read previous messages within the current conversation. Users are allowed to delete the old parts of the message in each thread if they choose to (necessary so that users can free up space within a thread for future messages).
--maximum size for messages: 10,000 characters long. When the thread or message begins to approach the maximum size, users will see a character count-down until they’ve exceeded the limit. When a message goes over the limit, it would show how far over the limit the current message is.

Send/cancel buttons for a PM that is currently being drafted.

(Pop-up or integrated PM box? Wetpaint is pop-up, but integrated may be much easier to program and may actually function better.)

Inbox/Outbox feature
--Forum-thread style line layout with: From, Subject, Sent time.
-From should have registered “avatar,” registration status
--The ability to delete messages from one’s personal inbox

Clicking “Subject” in the inbox or outbox will prompt that message to open. When reading the message, there should be buttons available to “block user,” “reply to,” “delete message” or “close message.”

If someone is going to do this, that would be great, but quickly would be good. If you need help or support, let me know, as I wish this to occur last week.
thumbnail
14年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿
We're not doing it but I can tell you some features that we'd like to see:

1) Logging (e.g. keeping a copy) of messages, even deleted messages (complaince stuff)
2) The ability for one use to block and unblock another user
thumbnail

I have hired a programmer named Artem Khojoyan to program this for me. He thinks it will be done in about 2 weeks.

I would like this to be part of the supported open source code of the Liferay project.

What do I have to know to make this happen?

Lisa: I will add those specs.

Thanks,

Daniel
thumbnail
14年前 に Jonas Yuan によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 993 参加年月日: 07/04/27 最新の投稿
Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much!

Look forward to seeing your PM,

Jonas Yuan
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
14年前 に Keith Loose によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 09/09/17 最新の投稿
Daniel M. Ingram:
I have hired a programmer named Artem Khojoyan to program this for me. He thinks it will be done in about 2 weeks.

I would like this to be part of the supported open source code of the Liferay project.

What do I have to know to make this happen?

Lisa: I will add those specs.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

This is excellent news - we are desperate to have PM features in liferay but as yet have had no time to implement it - how has your development activities gone - is the code ready to be shared with the community. If you need any assistance testing, checking or completing the code please let me know!

Kind Regards,
Keith
thumbnail

We'd be happy to help in what ever way we can. We're a bit tied up right now. We're getting ready to do our inital launch of Liferay. Two weeks of good solid work would seem sufficient for this. It should be basiscally an expansion of an existing portlet. If you need a beta tester, we're happy to help out.
thumbnail
14年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your proposal to contribute. You can find some general guidelines on the recommended process to do so in the wiki, in the article: How to contribute to Liferay.

Also, for this particular case, there was a team at Liferay that has also implemented a private messaging system based on the email portlet plugin for a client. Although I have a feeling that the use cases where different from yours. I'll ask them to look at this thread to provide their insight.

IMHO it would be great to have private messaging as a core functionality that could then be integrated into several portlets such as Message Boards, Chat (when a user goes offline), Wiki, etc.
thumbnail
15年前 に Guido Kaltwasser によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 08/09/15 最新の投稿
Hi John

In case you allready developed that private messaging portlet, we are interested.

Kind Regards

Guido
15年前 に Areshchanka Alexandr Alexandrovich によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 09/02/25 最新の投稿
Does somebody have any progrees in this feature. I really need it.
If you start work under that could you provide code? because of I am working under that task too for now and we could share our efforts...
thumbnail

The apparent lack of a PM feature is a substantial downside and it would be very nice to see this implemented as soon as possible.

We have migrated from Wetpaint to Liferay for the wiki capabilities, but the lack of an obvious PM functionality is a serious loss.

How is this project going? Have I missed the application on Liferay? When could a PM portlet be expected?
thumbnail

Private messaging is a feature on almost every message board and community site. I've pointed these guys back to SMF for an example of features and functionality specifically because there's too much in there for me to want to list it out. This is just one example.
thumbnail

My group is moving from Wetpaint to Liferay, and the Wetpaint PM system worked well, and it is free to start Wetpaint pages if anyone wanted to check out the system there for a model or possible ideas.

Any progress in this yet?

Baris
thumbnail

thumbnail

Artem thinks he will have something for my team to look at in the next few days. I'll let you know when this happens.

Other projects that may be in the works: message board/discussion threads that reference a wiki, and a wiki that references discussion threads. We'll see how the money holds out.
thumbnail

Just so other members are aware of this conversation:

Dear Michael,

Thanks for contacting me.

I don't seem to be able to access that site you mention: appears to require a password and username, and my Liferay one's don't work for it.

I am not exactly sure what to do with the information you have provided.

I run on Liferay 5.2.2 on Omegabit. When they will upgrade to another version is unknown. What are the chances of that new portlet being back compatible with their older version and their older version of Tomcat, which I believe is 5.0.0?

I needed a PM feature about 1 month ago. When can I expect 5.3 to be up and available?

Should I have my developer try to get the code you have been working on and go from there?

If so, how do we access it?

Also, if so, are there development specs that you think should be incorporated listed somewhere? I saw some specs from mid-2008, but that thread had died until I revived it. Any relationship between the specs posted there and what you intend for 5.3? Your PM portlet project seems to have been a secret from those who posted there a few weeks ago in response to my posts, hence my independent and potentially redundant or parallel efforts.

Also, if this is going to be something more elaborate, is there a team designated already working on this, as your specs might exceed my requirements and budget?

If that is true, should my developer, Artem Khojoyan, be part of that team rather than working solo? He is cc'd on this email.

If so, is there some development money that might be chipped in, or programmers that might join his efforts to lend a hand? The code writing has already begun out of my personal pocket.

We have already begun to test initial versions.

On a related note, I have multiple other development needs for Liferay that will begin once this project is done. To avoid future duplication of efforts, how do I find the improvement list and new capabilities of Liferay 5.3?

Thanks again for any answers or help you can give,

Daniel

On Sep 22, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Michael C. Han wrote:

Daniel,

Our community monitors have escalated your private messaging posts to me. We actually already have private messaging capabilities coming in the roadmap (specifically 5.3). The private messaging is part of the mail-portlet and the plugin currently rests in our incubation plugins repository. You can access via: svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/incubation.

We are in the process of finalizing some development and preparing it for our Q4 2009 5.3 Community Edition release. I would recommend using this as a starting point for your contribution efforts and provide us feedback and suggestions.

Thanks for being a valuable member of the community.

Cheers,

-m
thumbnail

Features for future versions now have a permanent home - http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Proposals/FrontPage

Please go VOTE FOR THE ONES YOU WANT! Let the developers know you care *and* let them know what's important to YOU.
14年前 に Dmitry Babain によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 238 参加年月日: 08/11/23 最新の投稿
Can I ask a dumb question? How do I vote? Just by adding some comments to each of wiki improvement pages or some other method?
thumbnail

That is exactly how you vote. If there is already a comment, you can use the thumbs Up/down to vote for or against it...
thumbnail
14年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi Daniel,

Anyone can access the subversion repository. Read this post by Brian Chan for a detailed explanation of why it asks for a user and password: http://www.liferay.com/web/brian.chan/blog/-/blogs/changes-to-anonymous-access-to-liferay-s-svn

Please let us know if there is anything we can help with it.

Baris
barissener@gmail.com
thumbnail

Thanks!

I'll let you know.
thumbnail

The PM feature is done. We have deployed it on our site and are testing it now.

Does anyone want a copy to look at? If so, let me know.

Thanks,

Daniel
thumbnail
14年前 に Milan Jaroš によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 268 参加年月日: 08/08/18 最新の投稿
Of course I am. ;)
milan.jaros at gmail dot com
thumbnail
14年前 に Andreas Oberhack によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 9 参加年月日: 09/03/09 最新の投稿
Oh - yes!

I'm also very much interested in testing it.

Where can I get the sources from?

Thanks allot in advance!

Andreas
thumbnail

OOOOO

**waves hand from the back of the room**

ME ME ME ME

you can send it to pmfeature.5.morrighu@spamgourmet.com

If none of you have spam gourmet aliases, you really MUST go get one....
thumbnail
14年前 に Maese Theobald によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 64 参加年月日: 09/09/08 最新の投稿
I'm also very interested because it's something we put "for later" as we were dealing with some other features.
Please, Daniel, could you sent me a PM with it (morath @ terra . es)

Many thanks for your effort!

I'd like a copy too. Pleaseemoticon
14年前 に Dariusz Sawicki によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 165 参加年月日: 09/03/27 最新の投稿
Hi

I'm also interested in testing it.

Could you send me it dsawicki@notes.pl

Best Regards

Dariusz Sawicki
thumbnail

Here is the current version.

It is simple, but that is all I needed, and may serve as a basis for further development.

It currently runs well on Liferay 5.2.2 with Tomcat 5.0, but when we deploy it to my omegabit site it won't run, not sure why, so more work needed.

Let me know your thoughts if you wish.

Daniel
thumbnail
14年前 に Maese Theobald によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 64 参加年月日: 09/09/08 最新の投稿
We’ll have a look at your very valuable development and keep you informed if we find any interesting contribution.

Many thanks

Thanks! Seems to be running fine on liferay 5.2.3 - tomcat 6 - vistaemoticon

But IE8 client can only view incoming messages, he cannot delete or compose, some javascript errors.
In Chrome everything is ok.
thumbnail
14年前 に Richard Oliver Legendi によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 35 参加年月日: 09/11/30 最新の投稿
Very nice work, indeed, thanks for sharing with the community! I was just searching for a portlet featuring this functionality.
It works fine with Tomcat 6.0.20and Liferay 5.2.3 as well.

However, when I install the portlet I get the following messages (although it is working perfectly):

13:09:06,328 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,328 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,328 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMDeletedMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,343 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMDeletedMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,343 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMBlockedUser via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,343 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMBlockedUser via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,343 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMDeletedMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,343 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMDeletedMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,343 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMBlockedUser via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,343 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMBlockedUser via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,359 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,359 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,359 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMDeletedMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,359 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMDeletedMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,359 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMBlockedUser via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,375 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMBlockedUser via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,375 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMDeletedMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,375 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMDeletedMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,375 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMBlockedUser via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,375 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMBlockedUser via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,390 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMReadMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,390 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMReadMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,390 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMReadMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work
13:09:06,406 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMReadMessage via "ant build-service" or else caching will not work

When I run the build-service and deploy, the error messages disappear.

However, I've encountered another issue. When I try to run the compile target, it gives 4 error messages:

[javac] C:\eclipse\...\com\dharma\model\impl\PMBlockedUserImpl.java:33: com.liferay.portal.model.BaseModel cannot be inherited with different arguments: &lt;&gt; and <com.dharma.model.pmblockeduser>
    [javac] public class PMBlockedUserImpl extends PMBlockedUserModelImpl
    [javac]        ^
</com.dharma.model.pmblockeduser>

The other 3 error messages are the same, but for the classes PMDeletedMessageImpl, PMMessageImpl, PMReadMessageImpl.

I tried to delete these files and regenerate them with build-service, but the same Java files were generated, resulting in the same compilation errors.

Any hints how to solve these errors?
14年前 に András Róbert Imre によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 09/12/01 最新の投稿
This is most likely caused by a previously compiled PMBlockedUserModel interface which has no generic parameter but is on the classpath. Namely, check the dharma-pm-portlet-service.jar in the plugin's \docroot\WEB-INF\lib. The PMBlockedUserModel in the war file has no generic parameter. Most likely this was generated with a previous ServiceBuilder.

If you remove the above jar, compile will still fail, since *ModelImpl.java should contain a toXmlString() method (see BaseModel).

Instead of backporting this method I suggest to rebuild the service source, using generic and maybe other enhancements.
The following has worked for me:
  • delete the jar mentioned above which contains the compiled old interfaces/classes
  • delete all java source
  • run ant build-service - creates all service source, using generic
  • replace generated *LocalServiceImpl.java with the original war source files - adds logic
  • copy back class source for packages com.dharma.pm.portlet and com.dharma.pm.util - these are not service-related original files
  • re-run ant build-service - updates service source with the added logic
  • run ant-compile - now there should be no errors
thumbnail
14年前 に Gere P によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 137 参加年月日: 09/08/20 最新の投稿
Hi Daniel, Really this a great conrtibution.
And I just deployed this portlet in Liferay+tomcat bundle 5.2.2 then I'm not able to see the groups or users or communities for composing a message. Instead I can send the message to all users.
Is it work like this only?? Or we can send the messages to a particular user or a group ?

Any documentation did you have on this?
Ones again thanks for such a great contribution.
14年前 に Artem Khojoyan によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 17 参加年月日: 07/02/19 最新の投稿
Hi All,

Here is the latest version of the Private Messaging portlet.
To all the people who still interested - please feel free to try and drop your comments.

Thanks,
Artem Khojoyan
thumbnail
14年前 に Richard Oliver Legendi によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 35 参加年月日: 09/11/30 最新の投稿
Hi guys! Ain't sure but I guess I've found a possible bug.

If someone sends a community message, it become read to all of the recipients after the first user read it.
thumbnail
14年前 に Christian Merkel によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 111 参加年月日: 09/12/14 最新の投稿
Nice! this is exacly what i'm missing in liferay!

but i got following errors:

12:26:49,025 INFO  [PortletHotDeployListener:346] 1 portlet for dharma-pm-portlet is available for use
12:27:54,651 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMMessage via "ant build-service" o
r else caching will not work
12:27:54,839 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMMessage via "ant build-service" o
12:27:54,886 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:59] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMMessage via "ant build-service" o
12:27:54,917 ERROR [FinderCacheUtil:83] Regenerate com.dharma.model.PMMessage via "ant build-service" o
12:27:54,948 WARN  [ResourceActionsUtil:564] Unable to obtain resource actions for unknown portlet Dhar
maOvergroundPrivateMessages

this error comes up each time i view a page containing the portlet!
what must i do?

And can u change the title of the input on the send-page from "TO" to "FILTER", cuz i think this input is the filter for the select-boxes under it.

GREAT WORK SO FAR!
KEEP GOING.
13年前 に Kirk Stork によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 33 参加年月日: 10/05/19 最新の投稿
It isn't clear to me what to do either. I don't see a build.xml file anywhere in the war file, so where exactlly do I invoke 'ant build-service'?
13年前 に Olivier Jouve によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 10/07/21 最新の投稿
Once the portlet was deployed, we obtain an error when we try to send a message.

"Portlet is temporarily unavailable."

Somebody can he help us ?
thumbnail
14年前 に Corné Pantheon Automatisering Nederland によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1313 参加年月日: 06/10/03 最新の投稿
Thanks for the good job guys,
We were waiting for such a thing a long time
thumbnail
14年前 に G P によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 137 参加年月日: 09/08/20 最新の投稿
Hi team,
Really a great job. Thanks for such a wonderful contribution.
thumbnail
13年前 に jelmer kuperus によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1191 参加年月日: 10/03/10 最新の投稿
Hi, thanks for this. Since I needed this to run on liferay 6.0 i made some modifications to make it run in the just released liferay 6 rc2. I attached the war for those interested. I haven't gotten around to really testing it. But on first inspection it seems to run fine
thumbnail
13年前 に Simon Gołębiewski によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 246 参加年月日: 09/06/08 最新の投稿
Artem Khojoyan:
Hi All,

Here is the latest version of the Private Messaging portlet.
To all the people who still interested - please feel free to try and drop your comments.

Thanks,
Artem Khojoyan

Artem,

I think this portlet is one of the best community portlets for Liferay. Sadly it doesn't work under LR 6.0.3 emoticon We want to fix it but there's not much we can do with WAR file. Could you share source code of this portlet? Sourceforge maybe?

Cheers,
Simon

To make a war file into a project, unjar it into a folder in a liferay portlet plugin sdk as follows.

- sdk-dir
   - portlets
      - dharma-pm-portlet
         build.xml
         - docroot
             #contents of war file

build.xml should then contain something like

<!--?xml version="1.0"?-->

<project name="portlet" basedir="." default="deploy">
    <import file="../build-common-portlet.xml" />
</project>

from there you can edit the source, which you will find in

portlets/dharma-pm-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src

the ant build file will then work like it does for any other portlet development project.

BUT

It would still be nice to have this project be in a source repository somewhere, being maintained by the originators if possible. So I vote +1 for your request as well. I also can't get it to work in 6.0.5 -- it looks like something changed with the way spring is configured.
thumbnail
13年前 に Manuel de la Peña によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 116 参加年月日: 08/12/04 最新の投稿
Many thanks, Artem!

I was looking for this feature.

It works for me on LR-5.2.3, with Tomcat.

Good job!
thumbnail

Hello Artem,

i've a problem with the PM portlet, because it makes the 'two-column-70%-30%' layout work in an odd way: the right-30% column disappears if I drop the PM portlet at left-70% column (after refreshing the page).

Do you know of this issue?

Many thanks!
thumbnail

Hello!, i've solved the problem with layouts.

It's necessary to open <form> and <table> tags before
if(totalcount=0)
, in these JPS: view.jsp, outbox.jsp, trash.jsp.

The problem was happening when there weren't rows (messages) in table-lists (never put opening tags), so the layout was closed.

Example: Outbox.jsp

<form id="view_form" action="" method="post">
					<input type="hidden" id="messageId" name="messageId" value="">
					<br><br><table style="width:100%">
				&lt;%
					if(totalCount == 0) {
				%&gt;
						<tbody><tr>
							<td>
								<liferay-ui:message key="pm.portlet.outbox.sent.zero" />
							</td>
						</tr>
				&lt;%
					} else {
				%&gt;
Byes!</tbody></table></form>
thumbnail
14年前 に R charan によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 72 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
hi daniel,

i have download and installed in 5.2.3

4 INFO [PortletHotDeployListener:346] 1 portlet for dharma-pm-portlet is available for use
05:36:11,694 ERROR [HotDeployUtil:111] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error sending deploy message for dharma-pm-portlet
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error sending deploy message for dharma-pm-portlet
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.BaseHotDeployListener.throwHotDeployException(BaseHotDeployListener.java:58)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.MessagingHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(MessagingHotDeployListener.java:46)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._doFireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:108)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:153)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil.fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:43)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.portalInit(PortletContextListener.java:113)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalInitableUtil.init(PortalInitableUtil.java:48)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.contextInitialized(PortletContextListener.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:926)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:889)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1217)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:293)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1337)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1601)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1590)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.MessageBusUtil._sendMessage(MessageBusUtil.java:178)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.MessageBusUtil.sendMessage(MessageBusUtil.java:88)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.MessagingHotDeployListener.doInvokeDeploy(MessagingHotDeployListener.java:71)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.MessagingHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(MessagingHotDeployListener.java:43)
... 22 more

when i sent a message, it is just shown in outbox. No email or sms sent.

I've managed to turn the war file into a plugin project which I'm hosting here:

http://github.com/kastork/dharma-pm-portlet

I've also made a few small changes and built them into a war file for Liferay 6.0.5. This seems to work, but I haven't really tested it much. This war file is now hosted here at liferay.com in the community plugins repository.

The changes are:

1. Built for 6.0.5
2. No longer verifies user Terms of Service agreement when listing available users.
3. Replace the hard-coded email headers with properties you can set in portal-ext.properties:

dharma.pm.fromaddress="admin@example.com"
dharma.pm.fromname="Portal Administrator"
dharma.pm.mailsubject="New personal message available on portal."
13年前 に emanuele notarnicola によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 29 参加年月日: 10/08/24 最新の投稿
I think this portlet has some bugs for example, outgoing mail is not deleted someone finally took a look....

thanks...

emanuele notarnicola:
I think this portlet has some bugs for example, outgoing mail is not deleted someone finally took a look....

Hi emanuele. It wouldn't surprise me if there are some bugs. The portlet really hasn't changed much since its introduction, as people have simply been regenerating the service builder classes and recompiling as Liferay has matured.

If you can be specific about the problems you are having, please file an issue at the GitHub project (or better yet, fork it and fix it). Maybe we can get a small community interested enough to inspire some improvements.
13年前 に Heba El Ayoty によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 10/10/20 最新の投稿
Hello,
I can't import this project as liferay plug-in project emoticon

please help

Heba El Ayoty:
Hello,
I can't import this project as liferay plug-in project emoticon
please help

Hi Heba

As it sits, this project is set up as suggested in the Liferay SDK documentation -- which doesn't account for IDE's.

Please see

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/the-plugins-sdk
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/structure-of-the-sdk

You just put the project directory in the right place as discussed there, and use Ant to build it.

To take this and turn it into a project in some IDE, I'd have to refer you to the documentation or the user community for the IDE you're trying to use.
13年前 に Mohammed Kamel によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 10/12/09 最新の投稿
What license is this excellent portlet published under?

Hi Mohammed,

I haven't seen Daniel around in some time.

The licensing for this is not entirely clear to me. Some parts of the code say GPL, others say MIT. I can't find any definitive history by the copyright holders that resolves the issue to one license or the other.

Personally, until I hear otherwise from the copyright holders, I'm treating all of it as GPL, which seems the more conservative interpretation of what is stated in the code base.
thumbnail
13年前 に Piergiorgio Lucidi によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 09/06/10 最新の投稿
I solved an issue for this portlet, email notifications now correctly work. I created a new issue in the GitHub project and I commented with the new snippet to change on the code.

Hope this helps.
12年前 に Natasa Bulatovic によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 28 参加年月日: 11/06/07 最新の投稿
Dear all,

this portlet has a privacy issue for messages:
when a logged-in user pastes an URL into the browser (from a message exchanged between two other users) s/he is able to see the message, even reply to whomever with the same message.

As we are planning to use it, not certain how much work needs to be done to resolve this issue, maybe somebody of developers could post an advice?

best,
Natasa