掲示板

Portal Settings stored in database (via control panel)

thumbnail
12年前 に M. Garcia によって更新されました。

Portal Settings stored in database (via control panel)

Regular Member 投稿: 107 参加年月日: 11/05/17 最新の投稿
Hello,

I would like to have an overview of which settings and where they're stored in the database.

From the Admin guide (Advanced Liferay Configuration) : "Liferay is configured by a combination of settings which are stored in the database (configured by the use of the Control Panel) and settings which are stored in properties (text) files."

Sadly there are no further information.

I, for example, couldn't find where is stored the portal configuration done via control panel, such as Portal Settings > Authentication and so many on.

From what I know, those columns are storing settings from the portal :
portletpreferences.preferences (portlet configuration)
layout.typesettings (portlets display on the page layout, from drag and drop webmastering)

Thanks a lot for some information on this.

NB: I'm asking this in a context of data delivery from an oracle instance to another, where SQL Developer export scripts omits "CLOB" datatyped columns, and as a result many things are missing when connecting the app to the new schema. I'm not yet sure if there are other problems than this CLOB issue.
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

RE: Portal Settings stored in database (via control panel)

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Settings are saved in many different tables so it's not just check this one table for all of Liferay's settings.
There isn't any comprehensive information on Liferay's database tables.

I think you'll get a better answer if you ask a more specific question on a particular setting instead.

Sorry, but I really didn't understand what you're talking about in the NB in relation with the portal setting.
thumbnail
12年前 に M. Garcia によって更新されました。

RE: Portal Settings stored in database (via control panel)

Regular Member 投稿: 107 参加年月日: 11/05/17 最新の投稿
Thans Hitoshi,

Well for example Portal Settings > Authentication settings such as "how do users authenticate?".

The problem I have is building a SQL script of the liferay Oracle schema, with SQL Developer tool "Database export" which omits all CLOB-typed columns, and I'm not sure what else it omits.

When rebuilding the database from this script, and connecting liferay to the new database, settings such as authentication methods (by login, by email) is not setup as it was.

Thanks