掲示板

Classes doesn't gets unloaded why??

9年前 に Azhar Mohammed によって更新されました。

Classes doesn't gets unloaded why??

Junior Member 投稿: 59 参加年月日: 14/12/01 最新の投稿
Hi All,

I have a problem with the liferay server after successfully staring the server the server runs about 4 hrs and fails to respond,.
Before i had permgen space and heap issues i Solved it using VISUAL VM tool,..

I set value as -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -XXemoticonermSize=512M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M(For heap and permgen)

But i dont know how to solve this class loading issue,.
In that tool it showing more 28,00 classes getting loaded (that's really huge),. I dont think this could be exact issue, If yes what should i do??.
I am seeking help from you Experts,.

Regards,
Azhar
thumbnail
9年前 に Miroslav Ligas によって更新されました。

RE: Classes doesn't gets unloaded why??

Regular Member 投稿: 152 参加年月日: 14/07/29 最新の投稿
Is this a prod or dev machine? Create few thread dumps of the JVM and compare them. Search for loon running threads. Also have a look at JVM GC how often is it running.
Other thing to considerer is to have a look at a monitoring tool something like http://newrelic.com/application-monitoring

Hi Miroslav Ligas,

Thanks for responding ,.

Is this a prod or dev machine? Create few thread dumps of the JVM and compare them. Search for loon running threads. Also have a look at JVM GC how often is it running.

Its Prodmachine,. Windows 2008 server,. Tomcat 7.0.57 liferay 6.2 ce ga2,. Ram 4 Gb,. Java 1.7.0_25 (I hear that there are some issues with 1.7 in liferay is that true?? or solved ??)
I have registered for that tool i will test it but could you suggest some other suggestion like java opts for optimizing -xmx ClassUnoladEnabled what this do??

Thanks,
Azhar
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Classes will not get unloaded automagically. Instances will get unloaded, but there is such a cost for class loading that they'll stick around longer than the individual instances.

No, there are no issues now w/ java 1.7.

Hi David,

Thanks again for responding,.
From your point of view what could be the problem,. and what will you give as suggestion,.

Waitng for your reply,
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Honestly it sounds more like you're suffering some sort of memory leak. Throwing more memory at it will extend things, but not solve your problem. Instead of looking at the count of loaded classes, try to get a handle on the objects that are loaded into memory, find out what is using it all.

Look for some obvious targets, i.e. big arrays or objects stored in a session variable, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion i will find out the culprits,.

Thanks David