掲示板

Which jsp to override in hooks for global page

8年前 に Atul Ojha によって更新されました。

Which jsp to override in hooks for global page

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 15/09/20 最新の投稿
Which is the jsp page corresponding to the very first global page that appears when we just do "localhost:8080". I need to override it in the hook to add more options on top right, like "sign up" etc. I could not find this jsp. Is there an easier way to find out which jsp to override in general. I am using liferay 6.2 version. Thank you in advance.
thumbnail
8年前 に ismail zabiulla s によって更新されました。

RE: Which jsp to override in hooks for global page

Junior Member 投稿: 70 参加年月日: 14/07/13 最新の投稿
Hi atul

Overridding global jsp is not a feasible solution for your requirement.

you need to develop liferay theme apply it to existing or new site

then in portal_normal.vm of that theme ,you can have link to your signup page .

I hope this would be feasible solution

thank you Ismail

Thank you Wouter. I have trying lot of things to achieve my functions in liferay and I could customize liferay jsps to get desired result. However I am not able to figure out the best way to add my custom fields in liferay. I could add fields in jsp but how to persist those in database. I read online there are options like expando, override create account struts action , use local service util. is there a concrete blog/article about this that I could use?
thumbnail
8年前 に Wouter Vernaillen によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 80 参加年月日: 09/06/06 最新の投稿
Hi Atul,
Ismail is right, the best way to accomplish this is by creating a custom theme.

If you want don't want to do a lot of styling yourself and want the design to look the same as the standard Liferay Look & Feel, then you can base your theme on the classic Liferay theme. That way you can just focus on the changes you want to make.

Here you can find more information about how to set up a theme: https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/development/-/ai/creating-liferay-themes-liferay-portal-6-2-dev-guide-09-en