Fórum

Workflow implementation in Custom Portlet

Deb Basu, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 24/05/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
I am a newbee in Liferay. I am using Liferay 6.0.5. I am trying to implemement multilevel approval process in one of my custom portlet.
A user will be filling up a form. this form has to be approved by some approver.I am using the following link
http://www.liferay.com/web/jonas.yuan/blog/-/blogs/how-to-add-workflow-capabilities-on-knowledge-base-articles-or-any-custom-assets-in-plugins?_33_redirect=%2Fweb%2Fjonas.yuan%2Fblog%3Fp_p_id%3D33%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26p_p_col_id%3Dcolumn-2%26p_p_col_count%3D1%26_33_struts_action%3D%252Fblogs%252Fsearch%26_33_redirect%3D%252Fweb%252Fjonas.yuan%252Fblog%26_33_groupId%3D31578%26_33_keywords%3Dworkflow.

I am missing some details
1. As I understand I have to create a service and have to put necessary parameters in service.xml.
What is the "entity name " in
<entity name="">
<column name="status" type="int" />

2. I have put the <workflow-handler>Custom Handler Class Name</workflow-handler> under the portlet tag in liferay-portlet.xml. But I am providing the implementation of the updateStatus in some other impl class. Where is this relation defined ?

3. As i understand the model is a simple value object and this contains the forms. Is ther any mandatory attribute for that.

In a nutshell...can someone please tell me what are the exact classes/services i need to write if I want to do it from scratch....
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Workflow implementation in Custom Portlet

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
If you aren't development your own portlet, the following page in the Administration Guide may be clearer.
http://www.liferay.com/pt/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/workflow-with-kal-2
thumbnail
Samir Gami, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 162 Data de Entrada: 04/02/11 Postagens Recentes
we successfully applied the workflow to custom assets in liferay.
Steps are describe here......
Deb Basu, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 24/05/11 Postagens Recentes
Samir thanks for the suggestion.
Actually I am developing own portlet and have been successful to display that in Workflow configuration as explained in the link you suggested.
I have assigned Single Approver workflow to it. Now If I create it, I can not view it under designated user's wokflow tasks.
In the Database the entitiy is getting created with pending status but I can not view it under workflow tasks of approver.
Do I need to configure anyhting for that ?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Samir Gami, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 162 Data de Entrada: 04/02/11 Postagens Recentes
I don't think it requires more configuration... Make sure workflow roles are correct...
meanwhile I am trying to figure it out....If it happen with my portlet(we have our custom workflow not single approver).
thumbnail
Omkar Khandare, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 49 Data de Entrada: 07/03/12 Postagens Recentes
I have followed the given steps,
created service.xml but unable create the workflow handler class
That i have to mention it in my portlet.xml fle,
<workflow-handler>path</workflow-handler>
- path : This is path of workflow handler class

I don't know how can implement steps number 3,4,5 mentioned in following link.
This Link..

Please Help.