Fórum

Liferay Sync and editing documents

thumbnail
Hugh Martin, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Sync and editing documents

Junior Member Postagens: 75 Data de Entrada: 15/06/10 Postagens Recentes
For the new Liferay Sync, perhaps it would be possible to have an edit button in the document library on a sync'd document library that would allow the editing of the local (sync'd) copy, thus addressing the inline editing issue.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay Sync and editing documents

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Would appreciate if you can direct me to some documentation on Liferay's sync client.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
No docs yet Hitoshi. We just demo'd this at WCS a few days ago, so the client is not generally available yet. But it uses the built-in json-based web services to sync documents in the DL. We have developed (or are in the process of developing) clients for iOS, Android, Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.

What I can't wait for is if or when the clients also show (and optionally edit!) other kinds of collab content, like forum posts, blogs, wikis, etc.
thumbnail

If there is some slides used at the WCS or some videos of WCS, I really would appreciate it.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
If there is some slides used at the WCS or some videos of WCS, I really would appreciate it.

Yep, we'll post the slides in the next week or two, and it'll appear on the agenda page just like it was for ECS.
thumbnail

Great will keep watch. I was just developing a MS Office addon to upload documents to DL, but it the new feature is able to do it, that would be great.

There was a question about setting up java in a forum last week and I found that there are many people who doesn't know how to set up java on their
machine. Anything that'll make it easier would be great.
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1191 Data de Entrada: 10/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Is the code for the client available in any repository ? I was looking on the github and svn repos but could not find it

Also out of curiosity, why json services and not webdav? Do you intend to offer services beyond simply syncing documents?
thumbnail

jelmer kuperus:
Is the code for the client available in any repository ? I was looking on the github and svn repos but could not find it

Also out of curiosity, why json services and not webdav? Do you intend to offer services beyond simply syncing documents?

I wasn't able to attend the sync presentation at WCS (I had a competing presentation on community, and I think she won the battle of the presentations), so I'm going to have to defer to Gail to answer those questions!
Alex Chew, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 25/06/11 Postagens Recentes
Where can I get a Liferay Sync Client installation package? Is it only available to commercial users? I couldn't find anything except an article named Introducing Liferay Sync Client. Many thanks.
thumbnail

Alex Chew:
Where can I get a Liferay Sync Client installation package? Is it only available to commercial users? I couldn't find anything except an article named Introducing Liferay Sync Client. Many thanks.

We are preparing to release the sync clients and associated documentation and details shortly after 6.1 CE is released (which is slated for today in fact). So it won't be long now.
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 246 Data de Entrada: 08/06/09 Postagens Recentes
Any news about Liferay Sync?
thumbnail

Szymon Gołębiewski:
Any news about Liferay Sync?

We are aiming for release next week (if all goes well!). So stay tuned.