Fórum

Dynamic Data List - Load benchmark required

thumbnail
Vishal Verma, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Dynamic Data List - Load benchmark required

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 11/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

For some of our dynamic data needs, we plan to leverage dynamic data list - and not go for traditional sql-table/portlet development. The decision is dependent on the scalabilty of dynamic data list and reporting capability on multiple data lists.
Would anyone be able to shed more info on this topic?

In simpler terms, would DDL be able to support data in the range of 1million rows, with ~10 attributes per row.

Regards,
Vishal
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Dynamic Data List - Load benchmark required

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Vishal Verma:
Hi,

For some of our dynamic data needs, we plan to leverage dynamic data list - and not go for traditional sql-table/portlet development. The decision is dependent on the scalabilty of dynamic data list and reporting capability on multiple data lists.
Would anyone be able to shed more info on this topic?

In simpler terms, would DDL be able to support data in the range of 1million rows, with ~10 attributes per row.

Regards,
Vishal

You may find this research and presentation from oscon last year interesting. When using expando, I did several tests with up to 100M unique values for expando. Not sure how performant this would be if you used XML (which is the default), but when using Expando, it performed reasonably well at the 1M mark. My guess is that XML would not be as scalable as using Expando (which uses the underlying rdbms), and that I know that using a nosql-based solution is better than an rdbms solution at higher scales.
thumbnail
Vishal Verma, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Dynamic Data List - Load benchmark required

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 11/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Alright, that gives me good head-start into the options we have at hand.
Let me do some ground work on this information and come back with specific questions, if any.

Appreciate your help. Thank you.