Fórum

RE: drop down menu w/containers

gordon daniels, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

drop down menu w/containers

Liferay Master Postagens: 797 Data de Entrada: 24/08/08 Postagens Recentes
I found on line an example of drop down menu with containers. It appears to be simple but I am a little confused in trying to apply it. I has html for structure and css file for style.

I think the html file goes in navigation.vm. Is that right? Or should it go into portal_normal.vm? I've included both fils in case someone also wants to try using it. So, my big question is navigation.vm or portal_normal.vm for the html structure?

thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Sorry, Gordon, but the existing navigation stuff already works. Why are you trying something different? Could you not get the existing items to work correctly?

Hi David:

good to hear from you. The basic dropdown menu of liferay works. I am just trying to have a multi-column drop down because of number of pages. The two files that I attached do that. I can see how to use their css but not sure about the html. I think it probably goes into nagivation.vm.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Well navigation.vm is responsible for generating the same <ul><li /></ul> tags that are used in the html you uploaded.

I'm betting that all you'd need to do is tweak the existing navigation.css in the theme to support the multi-column layout...

The problem, from the Liferay side, is not just the navigation.vm and the navigation.css, there's also javascript invoked to set up and manage the Liferay navigation stuff. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried gutting portions of navigation.vm / navigation.css without also touching the javascript...

As always David, your input is appreciated.

thanks