Fórum

Errors when deploying portlets

Jan Kosecki, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Errors when deploying portlets

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 29/10/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello,
I'm trying to deploy the portlets I have obtained from the previous developer but I do get the following error:

C:\LDS\liferay-plugins\build-common-plugin.xml:399: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\LDS\liferay-plugins\build-common.xml:94: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sun/tools/javac/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

The compilence level is set to 1.7, both Java and Ant are of the newest version.

What can I do to solve that problem?

OK, problem fixed. Not sure what has happened but after some changes and restarts, it worked.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Errors when deploying portlets

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Thanks for following up, glad it is fixed now.
thumbnail
Luigi Candita, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 38 Data de Entrada: 04/05/09 Postagens Recentes
Gregory Amerson:
Thanks for following up, glad it is fixed now.

Fantastic that in Liferay many things (and many posts on forum) ends with similar phrases like as:

OK, problem fixed. Not sure what has happened but after some changes and restarts, it worked.

thumbnail
Brandt Solovij, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 23/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Jan Kosecki:
Hello,
I'm trying to deploy the portlets I have obtained from the previous developer but I do get the following error:

C:\LDS\liferay-plugins\build-common-plugin.xml:399: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\LDS\liferay-plugins\build-common.xml:94: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sun/tools/javac/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

The compilence level is set to 1.7, both Java and Ant are of the newest version.

What can I do to solve that problem?

running into the same problem.

environment info :

-java version "1.7.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_06-b23)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode)

-Apache Ant(TM) version 1.8.2 compiled on June 20 2012 ( default mac OS x install )

-liferay-portal-6.1.10-ee-ga1

-mysql-5.5.28-osx10.6-x86_64

Remote server connection is fine within the Eclipse IDE. Portlet authoring is also fine. Drag n drop deploy to the server runs fine for a while this hits

[PortletBagFactory:123] java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/liferay/mypackage/roughs/ExamplePortlet : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class com.liferay.mypackage.roughs.ExamplePortlet)
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/liferay/mypackage/roughs/ExamplePortlet : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class com.liferay.mypackage.roughs.ExamplePortlet)

Thanks in advance

edit after a little work - looks like reverting to 1.6 may have solved the issue.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Brandt Solovij:
java version "1.7.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_06-b23)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode)

edit after a little work - looks like reverting to 1.6 may have solved the issue.

Surprised the OP got it to work. Java 7 is not yet supported in Liferay AFAIK...