Fórum

Adding Article issue in Liferay 4.3.2 (resolved)

Carlos Santos Sáenz, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Adding Article issue in Liferay 4.3.2 (resolved)

Junior Member Postagens: 26 Data de Entrada: 21/11/07 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I am trying to add a new article, but in the Journal Content Portlet, the "Add Article" button is not displayed (only the administrator role is allowed to view it). I have created a new Role called "Writer" because I would like the user with that role to write and then the Administrator would be the one approving the article. I am using Liferay 4.3.2 and I cannot delegate permissions, which was one of the solutions that a colleague told me to try out. What I want to do is to give that "Writer" role the permission to add an article, but when I click on "Add permissions for portlets" -> "Journal" -> "Article", it gives me several options like "Add new discussion", "delete"...but it does not give me the option of "Add article", which was in older versions (at least in 4.2.1 it is). Is there any way to make the "Add Article" button to be shown for that role for version 4.3.2 of Liferay?

Thank you very much in advance
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

RE: Adding Article issue in Liferay 4.3.2

Liferay Master Postagens: 576 Data de Entrada: 19/11/07 Postagens Recentes
Carlos,

You first want to check if the roles you created are regular roles or community roles.

(Roles -> Add Role (community) -> Define Permission -> Add Portlet Permission -> Journal -> *dont select a specific and just click next for all options -> check add article, add structure, etc.)

If they are the community roles, then make sure the users you want to assign the roles are currently in the same community as the "Journal Portlet". In the "Community Portlet", look for the community with the "journal porlet" and under the "actions" button there should be "assign user roles". There you should be able to find the role you created for the community and assign it to the user/users that you desire.

For more information on communities and roles you can check the wiki.
http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/How_to_Use_Community_Roles
http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Community_Roles
thumbnail
Ivan Cheung, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 113 Data de Entrada: 20/06/06 Postagens Recentes
Hi Carlos,

I can understand how the user interface for defining permissions is a bit ambiguous.

I've opened an LEP ticket that requests an improvement to the UI. Thanks for your concern.

REF:
LEP-4315

-Ivan
Carlos Santos Sáenz, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 26 Data de Entrada: 21/11/07 Postagens Recentes
Thank you all very much! This solution works fine. And thanks for the ticket too.