Fórum

This is utter insanity!!!! How do I log into new portal instance?

Khoi Nguyen, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

This is utter insanity!!!! How do I log into new portal instance?

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 28/11/14 Postagens Recentes
I created a secondary portal instance fitbodylifefitness.com. All and dandy except I can't log into admin.

i've tried test@liferay.com/test, test@fitbodylifefitness.com/test.

I've done research and this has been an issue dating back to 2009. Why hasn't this issue been addressed in software update or at least in the documentation. Pretty pointless to be able to create additional portal instances if you can't log into it.

But you probably can log in after spending 1000 hours figuring out how. With that much time wasted, the value of liferay has diminished drastically.
thumbnail
Suresh Nimmakayala, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: This is utter insanity!!!! How do I log into new portal instance?

Liferay Master Postagens: 690 Data de Entrada: 18/08/04 Postagens Recentes
second instance what details you given for

Web ID Virtual Host Mail Domain

thanks

web id fitbodylifefitness.com
virtual host fitbodylifefitness.com
mail domain fitbodylifefitness.com
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Users are tied to instances.

Log in to the primary instance using admin credentials. From there you can admin the 2nd instance. Create logins or site admins for the second instance.

David H Nebinger:
Users are tied to instances.

Log in to the primary instance using admin credentials. From there you can admin the 2nd instance. Create logins or site admins for the second instance.

I logged into first instance. I go to control panel > users > add users. i do not see anywhere i can add user to the second instance. i can add user to another organization but not instance.

how do i admin the 2nd instance from the primary instance?
thumbnail

Go to the sites portion and add users there.

David H Nebinger:

Please clarify as in how I go to the sites portion? please see attached screen shot. when i click on sites, i have no where to add users or manage other instance.

David H Nebinger:

i think you're thinking i'm talking about adding an additional site but i'm talking about adding an additional portal instance.
thumbnail

Okay, how about the "Users" tab that appears there for your instance?

David H Nebinger:
Okay, how about the "Users" tab that appears there for your instance?

the users tab there for this instance is not capable of adding users to the 2nd instance.
Mark Dawson, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 25/01/14 Postagens Recentes
If I'm not mistaken the "omniadmin", administrator(s) from the default portal instance do not have typical omni access to all portal instances. This administrator has basic configuration for portal instance (company) setup such as activation, hostname, mailserver. However, the ability to universally login or edit local portal instances is not available to any single user.

In other words once a portal is created, it's up to the company admin ( which is likely test@ <company> .com) to configure local sites, users, pages etc..

I don't believe this was the structure in older versions. I'm not sure if this was by actual design or if it's a bug.

If this is incorrect, or there is a viable workaround I'd love to know.
thumbnail
Aston Pearl, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 62 Data de Entrada: 04/02/13 Postagens Recentes
If I'm not mistaken the "omniadmin", administrator(s) from the default portal instance do not have typical omni access to all portal instances. This administrator has basic configuration for portal instance (company) setup such as activation, hostname, mailserver. However, the ability to universally login or edit local portal instances is not available to any single user.

In other words once a portal is created, it's up to the company admin ( which is likely test@ <company> .com) to configure local sites, users, pages etc..

@Mark : You are 100% correct on this one. I did lots of POCs on this portal instances thing to finally understand the concept.

I don't believe this was the structure in older versions. I'm not sure if this was by actual design or if it's a bug.

I've tested this thing for Liferay 6.1 versions and it was same as you have described.

there is a viable workaround I'd love to know.

There is always a work around,, but it depends on the what you are trying to achieve. emoticon emoticon
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: How do I log into new portal instance?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Without knowing more about your whole setup, there's limited help that I can provide as to explaining - your second instance has a distinct user database and you'll need to log in to that instance, not to the first instance. So far you're right.

As of figuring out the name of that user account: My best guess without knowing your system is to look at the USER_ table in your database, identify the relevant record(s) by the companyId (which is the technical name for the instance) and check the username there. If I remember correctly, the password "test" is correct unless you've configured it differently.

As I typically recommend to never update the database through SQL, here's an exception (if you can't get it to work differently): You can update the password to a known cleartext password and set the passwordEncrypted flag to 0 at the same time - this will reset that user's password to the known value. You do want to change the password afterwards as it should be encrypted again.

Note: If you ever mention to someone that I've suggested to write to the database directly, the world will collapse - or worse. So don't try. This message might self-destruct.

Also, it's always best to start with cursewords or insults in forum post titles. It guarantees attention and makes everybody rush to help you. Yes, the original message is somewhat old, but now that it has been reactivated, it's worth mentioning this again. I guess that friendly and rational questions will trigger more friendly replies as well as more willingness to help and try to reproduce your situation.

In related news: I'm currently preparing a blog post on instances - should be out within the next week, so keep an eye on the blogs.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Olaf Kock:

Note: If you ever mention to someone that I've suggested to write to the database directly, the world will collapse - or worse. So don't try. This message might self-destruct.

emoticon emoticon emoticon
thumbnail

I forgot to say: ...and don't ever quote me on that...

emoticon
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Olaf Kock:

emoticon

forgot to say:

Don't ever start or end a sentence with the word don't.

emoticon
thumbnail

Jack Bakker:
Olaf Kock:
emoticon

forgot to say:

Don't ever start or end a sentence with the word don't.

emoticon

Don't you tell me what I can and can't say!

emoticon
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
That's funny Olaf ! emoticon But I digress...