This Was DEVCON 2018
Check out the DEVCON 2018 Recap Video to see what the buzz is about!
DEVCON 2018 Impressions
Highlights of the Event
Take a look at the pictures here or view our photo album on Facebook to see some of the best DEVCON 2018 moments like DEVCON presentations, the Liferay Universe evening party including loads of fun games, the Unconference as well as various shots of the Liferay Community.
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Thursday, November 8, 2018
Pakhuis de Zwijger
Piet Heinkade 179
1019 HC Amsterdam
Unconference Agenda Building
Staging 2.0 - change list
"Internal classes" - Why are some classes in the "internal" package not exported? How to customize?
Migration experiences: LR 6.2 --> 7.0
Liferay in action at the university
Liferay performance with more than 1 million users
Container + Liferay: How to deploy or upgrade?
Liferay as a headless CMS - best practices
Config & content orchestration - site initializers
Unconference Lunch Break
Personalization - use cases & more
How do you monitor your Liferay application & plugins
Liferay intelliJ Plugin - Language Server Protocol
Liferay + TensorFlow
Media/Video - server user upload/integration
Your experience with Liferay + SSO
SennaJS/Module loader with other JS libs
DDM, Forms & Workflow
Using multitenancy (more instances in one installtion) - a good idea?
Data integration, ETL/ESB | Experiences & methods integrating external systems
Documentation: What is missing?
Search optimisation: boosting & filtering
mongoDB & Liferay
Mobile with Liferay
DXP vs. CE
Making it easier for business users to build sites (modern site building)
Liferay for frontend developers
What extension point are you missing?
Audience Targeting to guest user: how to do it?
Workspace: tips & tricks | How you use/extend workspace? Use plugins?
Unconference Wrap Up
Liferay Community Event
1053 AT Amsterdam
There are no results.
Welcome and Announcements
Equipped for Today - Prepared for Tomorrow
Introducing Liferay’s new digital experience products
This year, at DevCon we are not only presenting the latest version of Liferay DXP and Liferay Portal, we are unveiling three new products that we believe are a great complement for our vision: Liferay Commerce, Liferay Analytics Cloud and Liferay DXP Cloud.
In this session we will introduce all three products, our vision for them and how they all fit together.
Our Vision for the Future
Introduction to Reactive Java
Liferay Commerce in Action
Angular in the Liferay Portlet World
10 pleasant surprises you will find during the process to upgrade to DXP 7.1
Form based applications made easy: an overview of Liferay DXP Forms features and its extension points
Headless Liferay with SAP & Hybris Integration
After seeing our talk you will know:
• How easy it is to extend Liferay REST API and add security into it
• Feasibility of including Spring applications inside OSGI modules, exposing Spring services as OSGI services
• Liferay flexibility in order to be integrated with other external applications and serve merged data
• Powerfulness of Liferay Elastic client in order to be extended
• An example of the OSGI modularity and the high potential to build large platforms with it
Liferay Analytics Cloud: Understanding User Interactions with Digital Assets and Pages
Liferay Analytics Cloud is a new product that helps you understand how users are engaging with pages, forms, documents, and web content on your digital touchpoints to reveal their interests and concerns.
This session will provide an overview of Analytics Cloud, with a demo of its features. We will also review the Product Roadmap.
OSGi CDI Integration Specification
Taking Liferay to the next level with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Liferay Commerce, from 0 to production
Liferay in da Cloud
User Experience improvements in Liferay 7.2: Lexicon 2 and beyond
Modern Site Building: creating stunning sites with Liferay
In this talk, we will walk you through the new Liferay Modern Site Building tools: from the components that the developer creates to deliver the functionality, the blocks collections authored by the designer, and how, finally, the marketer can easily compose the sites with them.
Digital Future of Farmers
• B2A – Business to Anyone approach to allow Bayer Crop Science advisors and farmers to collaborate on the portal and plan for the next crop season
• Seed sowing density recommendation custom to every field based on soil types and maturity
• Suggestions from smart catalogue to help farmers choose the best hybrid to suit their needs and ensure maximum yield
• Real time updates on water consumption, water depletion, field health – all in the hands of the farmer
• Intuitive design based on extensive user interactivity research and findings
Bayer Crop Science DEKALB Smart is built on Liferay 6.2 platform and interacts with third party systems such as Bayer Crop Science Salesforce.com, Hydrobio and Climate Corp.
Interactive visualizing of module dependencies in OSGi based projects
Modern Frontend Development in Liferay DXP
Artificial Intelligence Powered Hyper Personalization with Liferay
• How to build "the Next Evolution of Personalization" by integrating AI into Liferay DXP
• Deriving obvious and unexplored data of user actions on Liferay DXP to carve out meaningful representational models
Secure Web APIs using JAX-RS and OAuth2
Case study: Modular structures as a key concept for faster Liferay development
Building solutions on Liferay DXP in a post-GDPR world
What's in a community like Liferay's - Why the community is important and which is its role in the future of Liferay
In this session we will explore the path travelled until now, but we will take a look at the future challenges by taking a look not only at how the community has influenced what Liferay is now, but also the role of the community in shaping the future of Liferay.
Intro to Evening Reception
End of Day 1
There are no results.
Welcome and Announcements
How to build flow into relationships and get the most out of your team.
Introducing Liferay DXP Cloud
Liferay as a Headless Platform: From building custom front-ends to omnichannel experiences using Liferay APIs
In this talk we will start refreshing the concepts, motivations and goals of these REST APIs, and after that we will move forward by going through some sample use cases in which the REST APIs were useful.
Our goal in this talk is to plant the seed in your brain of a brand new horizon in which Liferay can be used. Listening to these use cases hopefully will make you come up with a good bunch of scenarios in which you can benefit from the Liferay’s REST APIs too.
Vaadin 10: Bring Web Components to Java Realm
Liferay DXP Cloud: Best Practices in Action
Hands-on experience with Modern Site Building
React Union - Way to OpenSource
• Build process adjustments for multiple JS apps within one project (React Union Scripts for monorepos, multiple entry points, or async. loading)
• Assembling different applications into one single virtual DOM from distributed HTML segments on the page (React Portals)
• Modularity and quick start-up of a new development (React Union Boilerplates)
We will show you how to address the major pains of React-based development, including practical demos. All code will be available on our GitHub as well - go Open Source!
Improved Developer Experience for DXP 7.1
Identity disorder – Who am I (testing as) again?
All about Search
The Journey of a Liferay Developer: The Search for Answers
Making Liferay DXP easier, faster, and more powerful - Pushing Liferay’s API and ElasticSearch to their limits
Liferay Lockdown: Tools and Techniques for Securing Your Liferay DXP Project
Workshop Chris Baldwin
The Care and Feeding of a Liferay Portal CE Site
Transforming a large, international web presence to a Digital Experience
Liferay Development 2020: blade-containers-production
- how to setup Liferay in OpenShift,
- how to setup and test automatic recovery,
- how to setup scaling and auto-scaling,
- how to deploy a simple project,
- how to inspect and debug your project.
Creating a Hypermedia REST API with APIO Architect
Digital Collaboration on Liferay DXP with a cool experience on sharing contents and spaces
Liferay and Hystrix: a must have for fault tolerance
The Art and Science of Creating Content Efficiently in Financial Services
Upgrading Code from 7.0 to 7.1
Final Announcements & Raffle
End of Event
There are no results.