Maven chapter (new) for Liferay 6.1 Development Guide
Staff Blogs February 8, 2013 By James Hinkey Staff
If you have been curious about Maven, or if you would like to use Maven to develop Liferay plugins, we have a new chapter dedicated to Maven--Developing plugins using Maven found in the Liferay Portal 6.1 Development Guide.
After reading the new Maven chapter you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of using Maven
- Set up your Maven environment quickly
- Use a Nexus OSS repository management server to create and manage Maven repositories
- Install core Liferay artifacts for plugins you create
- Generate Liferay plugin projects in a snap
- Gain familiarity with Liferay portlet, theme, hook, and layout template generated projects.
On behalf of the Liferay Knowledge Management Team, we're happy to provide you with formal documentation on using Maven in your development of Liferay plugins.
Special thanks to Cody Hoag who gathered the bulk of the chapter's content, tested it, and worked through several drafts with me. Thanks to Mika Koivisto for his continual content contributions and guidance.
Note, if you are interested in contributing content to the Dev Guide or any of our official documents, go to https://github.com/liferay/liferay-docs and follow the README file found in the project root and follow the guide documents found in the guidelines folder.