留言板

How well Icefaces and jQuery work togehter in liferay?

匿名,修改在15 年前。

How well Icefaces and jQuery work togehter in liferay?

发布: 1
I have some questions regarding using Icefaces and jQuery in lifreay portlet?

1. Can they both be used in the same portlet?
2. Can they be used in different portlets that will be deployed on the same page?
3. Any known issues for using them together?
匿名,修改在15 年前。

RE: How well Icefaces and jQuery work togehter in liferay?

发布: 1
anyone can share?
thumbnail
Lari Tuominen,修改在15 年前。

Expert 帖子: 283 加入日期: 07-11-7 最近的帖子
Hi all,

I'm wondering the same. Is there any experiences using ICEFaces and JQuery inside the same portlet?

- Lari
thumbnail
Steffen Schuler,修改在15 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 137 加入日期: 08-5-12 最近的帖子
With Liferay 5.2.1 I was happy to get Icefaces working ... but I ran into a couple of drawbacks. First of all, there is something wrong with the speed_filters (speed_filter.xml) - for the icefaces related javascript files, these filters needs to be disabled... you can read about that kind of issue here: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/2128039

this can be easily fixed by defining a portal-ext.properties described here: https://www.liferay.com/zh_CN/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/2128486

But when enabling icefaces, I ran into jquery problems - it seems like it is not loaded correctly and therefore my QJuery related portlets stop working. E.g effects like rounded corners do not work... I'am not shure if I really want to stay with icefaces. If I can make it wirk in conjunction with JQuery - great! if not ... I'll drop it.

UPDATE: just compiled the latest Liferay 5.2.2 found in the trunk, and now it works out of the box. Still, JQuery and Icefaces seam to cause some trouble. (Icefaces themselfes mentioned on their homepage that 3rd party Javascript Libaries do not work well with IceFaces : (
thumbnail
Deryk Sinotte,修改在15 年前。

New Member 帖子: 18 加入日期: 07-8-7 最近的帖子
It's generally possible to use any JavaScript or JavaScript library with ICEfaces but the devil is in the details. It's important in a single, shared page context that everyone cooperates. So while it's possible for everything to work together nicely, it's also fairly easy to have conflicts.

Liferay currently use jQuery as their library of choice to provide some of the extra bells and whistles around their portal container (e.g. dragging and dropping portlets around on a portal page). ICEfaces doesn't use jQuery - we have our own custom code in addition to using scriptaculous for some of our component effects.

Unfortunately, there's no magic rule for knowing what behaviours, actions, etc can potentially lead to conflicts with various scripts on the page. It's really a case by case examination of what's being done (or what you want to do) to determine if that specific code will cause a problem or not.

So the bottom line is:

Can they both be used? Yes but depending on what you do, there could be issues.
Can they be used in different portlets on the same page? Yes but depending on what you do, there could be issues.
Any known issues for using them together? No known problems but the potential is there.

Edit:

I meant to add that we did open a JIRA for running ICEfaces with Liferay 5.2.1:

http://jira.icefaces.org/browse/ICE-4085

It seems there is an issue with compression being applied twice to the JavaScript which could cause problems but there is an easy fix.