留言板

6.2 Theme reloading templates without WAR deploying

Thomas Kellerer,修改在10 年前。

6.2 Theme reloading templates without WAR deploying

Expert 帖子: 490 加入日期: 08-6-9 最近的帖子
Hello,

I'm migrating (actually re-creating) a site from 5.2 to 6.2 and need to create a new theme.

In 5.2 (and 6.0) it was possible to edit the .VM files directly in the deployed theme (webapps/my-theme/....) and have the changes show up immediately in the website if the developer settings were activated in the portal-ext.properties.

I have the following entries in my portal-ext.properties
theme.css.fast.load=false
theme.images.fast.load=false
javascript.fast.load=false
layout.template.cache.enabled=false
last.modified.check=true
velocity.engine.resource.manager.cache.enabled=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.theme.ThemePreviewFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.layoutcache.LayoutCacheFilter=false

But changes to the Velocity templates are not applied unless I build and deploy the theme's war file (it works for .css files though)

What am I missing here?
thumbnail
Ryan Schuhler,修改在10 年前。

RE: 6.2 Theme reloading templates without WAR deploying

Junior Member 帖子: 77 加入日期: 12-7-6 最近的帖子
Hello Thomas,

I am not sure which web server you are using, but if you are using tomcat I know you have to make sure you add the line " -Dexternal-properties=portal-developer.properties" to the end of your setenv.sh (or setenv.bat depending on the computer/terminal you are using). This turns on developer mode for tomcat.

Not sure if that will fix your problem, but might be worth a try.

-Ryan
Thomas Kellerer,修改在10 年前。

Expert 帖子: 490 加入日期: 08-6-9 最近的帖子
Thanks for the answer.

Yes I am using Tomcat, and unfortunately I have already enabled the developer mode (see the properties in my initial post)
thumbnail
Aston Pearl,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 62 加入日期: 13-2-4 最近的帖子
Hi,

Just put

include-and-override=portal-developer.properties
velocity.engine.resource.manager.cache.enabled=false

in portal-ext.properties....
thumbnail
Daniel Tyger,修改在10 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 105 加入日期: 13-2-6 最近的帖子
Hi Thomas,

I am using (and enjoying) the Remote IDE Connector application / tooling on server-side ( Remote IDE Connector CE ) and with Eclipse on my workstation am able to save changes to css, image, and other files and they republish automatically and do show up. I believe it is also true with .vms with the developer settings in place.

Here are the install instructions wiki: http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay+IDE+Remote+Server+Adapter

The setting to (re)publish a theme with your changes in Liferay IDE / Eclipse is: double click the Remote Server in the Server panel > choose Automatically publish when resources change.

While I keep working on files / changes the ones I commit with SAVE operation start republishing without me doing anything and it is pretty quick.

I hope this helps you. It is definitely helping me...

daniel