留言板

New releases of AlloyUI?

Marc Boscher,修改在10 年前。

New releases of AlloyUI?

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 14-3-26 最近的帖子
Hello AlloyUI developers,

I see a lot of commits in the alloyui repo, including an update to YUI 3.15.0 on the day it was released (nice!), but there have not been any official releases on the CDN and on the official home page. I see only a bunch of 2.0.0.x-deprecated releases on github.

What are your release plans? When can we expect an update of the underlying YUI? Is there a roadmap?

Since it does not seem possible to use AlloyUI components within the official YUI seed, we depend on you for prompt releases.

Any info would be appreciated
Marc
thumbnail
Byran Zaugg,修改在10 年前。

RE: New releases of AlloyUI?

Expert 帖子: 252 加入日期: 12-4-6 最近的帖子
I'm not sure about the CDN or the website but these are the releases on Github:

https://github.com/liferay/alloy-ui/releases

The "deprecated" is a note, that we are building from our "deprecated" 2.0.x branch, which contains deprecated modules. Liferay Portal is still dependent on these deprecated modules.
Marc Boscher,修改在10 年前。

Hi Byran, tks for the answer, unfortunately I've still got some unclear points:

The 2.0.0.10-deprecated release from 3 days ago still seems to use YUI 3.11.0. So what should we expect in terms of AUI following YUI releases?

If the CDN is never updated, then we cannot really use it... Where/who can we ask about the CDN and website? Shouldn't this be part of the release process?

Tks
Marc
thumbnail
Jonathan Mak,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 44 加入日期: 11-2-3 最近的帖子
Hi Marc,

Marc Boscher:
The 2.0.0.10-deprecated release from 3 days ago still seems to use YUI 3.11.0. So what should we expect in terms of AUI following YUI releases?

The released tags in the Alloy UI repository (https://github.com/liferay/alloy-ui/releases) are only for our internal support purposes. These released tags are fixes and updates for an already released version of Liferay portal. For example, the 2.0.0.x-deprecated releases coincide with the liferay-portal-ee/ee-6.2.x branch. The 1.5.x releases coincide with the liferay-portal-ee/ee-6.1.x branch.

If you want the latest and greatest of Alloy UI, you should be creating a release from our alloy-ui/master-deprecated branch (https://github.com/liferay/alloy-ui/tree/master-deprecated) which coincides with the liferay-portal/master branch (https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal).

As far as when the next release of Alloy UI will be, we will usually create a new Alloy UI branch when we are ready to release a new version of Liferay portal.

Marc Boscher:
If the CDN is never updated, then we cannot really use it... Where/who can we ask about the CDN and website? Shouldn't this be part of the release process?

Currently, the CDN and http://alloyui.com/ have alloy-ui/2.0.x and below because we only have stable released versions of Alloy UI available for use.

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
thumbnail
Jonathan Mak,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 44 加入日期: 11-2-3 最近的帖子
Hey Marc,

Marc Boscher:
So what should we expect in terms of AUI following YUI releases?

We upgraded to YUI 3.15.0 in order to prepare for our next AlloyUI release. Possibly, AUI 3.0. This new version of AUI will contain Bootstrap 3.
Marc Boscher,修改在10 年前。

Hi Jonathan,

So I guess AUI 2.0.x will never switch to a newer YUI version. And a new release with bootstrap 3 sounds all nice, but do you have a roadmap?

I guess what I'm realizing now is AUI is being developed for Liferay and not really meant to be used standalone. It's open source and available to tinker with, which is great, but it's not something you can just slap in your project, rely on, and grow with. That's too bad but I understand where this comes from. If you really want community adoption and feedback, we will need things like updates, roadmaps and some visibility in the development...

On another note, if the AUI widgets were made availabe as modules in the YUI gallery (maybe with a module skin instead of a dependency on a modified bootstrap css), then that would make things a lot simpler! I know you posted messages saying "it's coming", but again, when?

Good luck!
Marc
thumbnail
Zeno Rocha,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 11 加入日期: 12-6-29 最近的帖子
Hey Marc,

First of all, thanks for sharing your concerns. It means a lot for us that you care about this project.

We definitely need to change this culture of releasing AlloyUI only when Liferay needs it. I'll talk to the team and see if we can get some kind of release cycles for the community.

About the roadmap, we do have documented our plans for 2014 but it's not public yet. I'll try to push it to the AlloyUI's wiki on GitHub next week.

We're going to continue to use Bootstrap, which means that we can't separate the CSS into module skins. I don't like the idea of having this big piece of CSS too but it's the price you pay when you use Bootstrap.

Cheers,
Zeno
thumbnail
Zeno Rocha,修改在10 年前。

Hey Marc,

We just released AlloyUI 2.5.0. There are lots of bug fixes and improvements in this release that is primary aimed for the community.

About our dependencies, YUI has been updated from 3.11.0 to 3.16.0 (go to their releases page for changelog). I know you are all excited for Bootstrap 3.0.0, but I must say that we're still using Bootstrap 2.3.2 in this version. You'll need to await for AlloyUI 3 to use Bootstrap 3, but don't worry it will be available sooner than you think (go to master branch to see the work in progress).

For more details, see the announcement post.
Mason Stein,修改在9 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 47 加入日期: 12-12-5 最近的帖子
Hey,

very nice!!!

But how do I update my version in my LF6.2 themes?

THX a lot
thumbnail
Zeno Rocha,修改在9 年前。

Hey guys,

Couple weeks ago we released AlloyUI v3.0.0pr1, you can get it at: https://github.com/liferay/alloy-ui/releases/tag/3.0.0pr1

This is a preview release with lots of bug fixes and new stuff including Bootstrap 3. We'll communicate all those changes when the 3.0.0 stable version arrives emoticon
thumbnail
M J,修改在9 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 184 加入日期: 13-3-1 最近的帖子
Can this be used in Liferay 6.2 so that we can move to Bootstrap 3?
Ryan Moquin,修改在9 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 14-8-3 最近的帖子
You can, I just did it today, although I don't see a single difference between using the new version and the 6.2 version. Google Chrome still does not work properly with either one. I've never ever like YUI as a framework, not extjs. They have always been heavy weight and prone to errors. I wish we could have a solution to use just bootstrap and jquery.

Anyhow, back to your question. You basically need to build the liferay/portal project from github. That's the easiest way. One that is done building (or at least once portal-web.war has been built, you are almost done. You need to open up the WAR and edit the WEB-INF/portlet-look-and-feel.xml (I think it's called) so that it doesn't refer to liferay 7.0.0+ and refers to 6.2.0+ instead. You can then drop the way file into the 6.2.x deploy directory and it should be updated. If you don't change the version, it will refuse to deploy because liferay will say the version is unsupported. I'm sure it deployed because Tomcat had deleted the content of the old ROOT directory (which is where portal-web.war gets deployed)..... If you build from trunk you'll use the pr2 release of allow 3.0.0.... but unfortunately, none of the problems I've seen with Alloy seems to be resolved for some reason. I don't know how how the navigation bar could manage to stay broken in Chrome since March.

I made some initial attempts to debug it, it seems as though the click event just doesn't fire under chrome, but does in IE (which is bizarre) and Firefox.

Ryan