留言板

Asset publisher and filtering to custom user attribute

David Roberts,修改在9 年前。

Asset publisher and filtering to custom user attribute

New Member 帖子: 7 加入日期: 14-10-21 最近的帖子
I am trying to use the asset publisher portlet on a page and filter the content pulled back to a particular category that also matches the current users custom attribute for location.

I have found other posts and bugs related to this and have tried all the steps from this issue - https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-19681

There was also another issue in that if the users custom attribute was blank it would then just pull back all the content so I have made sure I have a value in all the users custom attributes but it still just seems to ignore this and pull back all the content

I am using liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp8

The below test I would expect my test user to not be able to see any news in the list

Step 1: create the custom user attribute (I have tried both searchable as text and keyword)

Step 2: make sure all the users can see the attribute

Step 3: add new vocabulary for location with some categories for locations

Step 4: Add an asset publisher to the page and set it to filter on content type categorized as news and filter on the user custom attribute Location

Step 5: Create some web content and categorize it as news with the international location

Step 6: Update the test user setting the custom location attribute to 'None'

Step 7: Log in with test user and view page, would expect list to be empty as there are no news item with the Location of none

The custom user attribute seems to have no effect whatsoever on the results of the asset publisher it is like it is ignored. People in this issue (https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-19681) and on the forums seemed to have a mixed results some people seem to be able to get it to work and some don't.

Any advice much appreciated
thumbnail
Shinn Lok,修改在9 年前。

RE: Asset publisher and filtering to custom user attribute

Junior Member 帖子: 89 加入日期: 11-1-14 最近的帖子
Not sure if it's a bug or not but in the mean time.. I think you can add "None" as a category under the "Location" vocabulary and it should work.
thumbnail
Sebastian Wörner,修改在8 年前。

RE: Asset publisher and filtering to custom user attribute

Junior Member 帖子: 46 加入日期: 14-11-18 最近的帖子
This is a nice feature and very usefull.

But why can i use on content side the standard category mechanism and on user side i must create a custom variable?
Why is it not possible to use on user side the standard categories too?

I choose my category on content and my category on user side and when booth match, the asset publisher shows the content?