thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在8 年前。

RE: how to stop refreshing portal?

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Stop hitting refresh button?
kunal hemrajani,修改在8 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 109 加入日期: 15-5-21 最近的帖子
i am not hitting that when i open and closed the portlet it get refreshed.emoticon
thumbnail

kunal hemrajani:
i am not hitting that when i open and closed the portlet it get refreshed.emoticon

So when my daughter was like two she used to get upset and cry, but unfortunately only she knew why she was upset. Our only advice for her was to "Use your words..."

Seriously, unless you're going to take some time and spell out your issue, there's absolutely no way that anyone is going to be able to do anything for you.

For example, I think you're probably not a fan of a click causing a full page refresh within the portal and you're actually interested in finding out about AJAX-based portlets. If you're like the other guy in the other thread wanting the OOTB portlets to be AJAX-based you're going to be disappointed, but that's a different discussion.

Perhaps you're wondering about your own custom portlets.

But who knows. Unless you use your words and write it out, we'll never know and you'll never get a satisfactory response.
kunal hemrajani,修改在8 年前。

see the attachment when i am clicking on cross button or send button the whole page where private message portlet lies get refreshed??
But in that page i have a real time dashboard in iframe it also get refreshed and this irritates the client.I want to stop that refreshing?
thumbnail

There will not be any magic towards refresh.

To not do a full page refresh you have to AJAX-ify your portlets. Rather than submitting a form, for example, you gather up the values, send them via javascript and get a result back, then you update the DOM to reflect the difference.

If it's a Liferay OOTB portlet, you're often better off writing your own implementation as trying to AJAX-ify the Liferay portlets proves to be quite difficult.
kunal hemrajani,修改在8 年前。

thanks David for your help.
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1302 加入日期: 09-6-24 最近的帖子
Why not check the functions being called whenever you close the dialog either using close button or send button. I believe, your send button is working as designed but event close icon is not. There might be some event handler being attached to these.
kunal hemrajani,修改在8 年前。

thanks man! i got my solution and it works.
Harsh Joshi,修改在8 年前。

RE: how to stop refreshing portal? (答复)

Junior Member 帖子: 27 加入日期: 15-1-28 最近的帖子
David H Nebinger:
kunal hemrajani:

So when my daughter was like two she used to get upset and cry, but unfortunately only she knew why she was upset. Our only advice for her was to "Use your words..."

Seriously, unless you're going to take some time and spell out your issue, there's absolutely no way that anyone is going to be able to do anything for you.

For example, I think you're probably not a fan of a click causing a full page refresh within the portal and you're actually interested in finding out about AJAX-based portlets. If you're like the other guy in the other thread wanting the OOTB portlets to be AJAX-based you're going to be disappointed, but that's a different discussion.

Perhaps you're wondering about your own custom portlets.

But who knows. Unless you use your words and write it out, we'll never know and you'll never get a satisfactory response.

lol
thumbnail
Harish Kumar,修改在8 年前。

Expert 帖子: 483 加入日期: 10-7-31 最近的帖子
Same question already asked here

https://www.liferay.com/de/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/55619095
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/55621701
kunal hemrajani,修改在8 年前。

do you have any ans?