留言板

What happens with sync-ed documents in liferay?

Richard Uijen,修改在8 年前。

What happens with sync-ed documents in liferay?

New Member 帖子: 6 加入日期: 15-8-15 最近的帖子
Hi,
When testing liferay sync 1.2 for Linux on a Liferay 6.2 CE GA2 instance on the same laptop, something happened that I cannot explain (I'm new to both tools, so that may count for the fact that I cannot explain it). I wonder where my documents are.

I told liferay sync to make a new folder on my Ubuntu 64 bit system. When it was created, it was marked with a green swoosh. Then, I dragged and dropped a folder with documents totalling 2.1 GB into the liferay-sync folder. Then, it started uploading the documents for about 10 minutes. After that, liferay was processing my documents for about two hours, during which I noticed (refreshing the documents and media portlet) that the uploaded documents were put in the right folders, until it looked like the structure on the usb-stick where I uploaded them from. So far, nothing inexplicable.

When making a backup of the system and database, I copied the liferay home folder with everything in it. I guess including the documents. At first I was surprised that the folder was so big: almost 1 GB. And then I started wondering where the documents are... where are they?

The MySQL database is 1MB, so they're not there (I didn't expect that, but just testing)
I tried to find one of the documents from the backed up liferay home directory, using: sudo find -name <filename> No result!

Because I would like to backup the documents as well, when we go into production, I'd like to know where they are, or should be.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju,修改在8 年前。

RE: What happens with sync-ed documents in liferay?

Regular Member 帖子: 228 加入日期: 10-9-30 最近的帖子
Can you account for any of the missing files? By default, Liferay Portal's document file size limit is 100mb. Is the limit at the default and did you attempt to upload 100mb+ files?
thumbnail
Shinn Lok,修改在8 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 89 加入日期: 11-1-14 最近的帖子
If you are using the default store FileSystemStore and location, you can find your files here: ${liferay.home}/data/document_library. Since they are stored by it's id, you won't be able to search by the file name.
Richard Uijen,修改在8 年前。

New Member 帖子: 6 加入日期: 15-8-15 最近的帖子
Thank you both for your explanations! I did manage to find some documents in the 'data' directory.

I didn't change any of the default settings, so yes, I may have run into both the file size limitation and the total size limitation.

Good to know that these settings exit! I guess the fact that I took the files from a USB stick made me think the files were being uploaded into the localhost, while they were simply being copied into the shared folder. The folders that were shown during the demo probably contained very few files.

I am currently trying to put liferay portal in a docker container, includng the plugins. If I succeed, at least I know what directories to make volumes of for backups.

Thanks again!

Richard