留言板

Setting server.xml and context.xml...

thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

Setting server.xml and context.xml...

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Okay, this is just pissing me off...

I have some JMS entities that I have set up in server.xml and context.xml as JNDI resources (because they are global references), but every time I stop and then start (not restart) the bundled tomcat within the IDE, it freaking overwrites my files and, because the JNDI entities are not there, things fail. I have to delete the ones that the IDE has overwritten, replace with the ones that I want to use, then restart tomcat again...

How can I stop the IDE from overwriting conf/server.xml and conf/context.xml?
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson,修改在11 年前。

RE: Setting server.xml and context.xml... (答复)

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1123 加入日期: 10-2-16 最近的帖子
Hey David,

Can you try making your edits to the server.xml and context.xml that is in the Eclipse workspace? In there you should see a Servers project and under it there is a folder for every server instance. Inside that folder you will see the various tomcat config files. Try making your changes there and then restarting the server. Those files should be copied out to the tomcat instance on each startup.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在11 年前。

RE: Setting server.xml and context.xml...

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
no kidding

and all this time I've been maintaining a server.xml.jdbc and a context.xml.jdbc that I copy into place

I guess u don't know till u ask

Thanks Greg (and David for asking)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Gregory Amerson:
Can you try making your edits to the server.xml and context.xml that is in the Eclipse workspace? In there you should see a Servers project and under it there is a folder for every server instance. Inside that folder you will see the various tomcat config files. Try making your changes there and then restarting the server. Those files should be copied out to the tomcat instance on each startup.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Ugandhar Reddy,修改在11 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 25 加入日期: 11-11-21 最近的帖子
Thanks Gregory
viral bhat,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 5 加入日期: 14-5-5 最近的帖子
Thanks. It also Work for me.
Traolly Xiong,修改在6 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 195 加入日期: 11-12-30 最近的帖子
Hello Gregory,
I had a question about the portlet xml. Each time the plugin is deployed, the portlet xml file under directory "...\liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp2\tomcat-7.0.42\conf\Catalina\localhost" get's overwritten. Thoughts on why that is?

Custom content that is placed there manually:

<Context path="" crossContext="true">
<ResourceLink name="jdbc/GSPSRPool" global="jdbc/GSPSRPool" />
</Context>

Overwritten with this content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="C:\Liferay\bundles\prod\liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp2\tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\gs-status-reporting-portlet" reloadable="true" source="org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:gs-status-reporting-portlet"/>

Thoughts?

Thanks.