Foren

liferay sync and metadata

salina fung, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

liferay sync and metadata

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 29.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
If liferay is used to sync files from a folder, how can metadata can be provided and associated with the files uploaded
besides manually edit each file with meta data?
Roderick Van den Heuvel, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: liferay sync and metadata

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 21.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Salina,

What metadata are you referring to? As far as I know there currently is no way to do upload documents from outside liferay and have specific metadata filled in automatically. So, you would have to go from document to document to change the metadata as you already stated.

Depending on your answer which metadata, I'm also curious where the metadata would come from. Are they currently available as properties on your files?

On the bright side, there is a liferay sync feature available, but to my understanding it's about synchronizing from one liferay to another, not from your local disk for example. See for yourself.

Best regards,
Roderick.
Gail Hernandez, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

salina fung, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 29.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
The metadata are information associated with the file, which we can use to do searching. E.g. Purchase order # for the purchase order document, which can be a Word file or a fax image in Tiff or PDF format.

I am curious on what you said "There is just the automatically extracted meta data that doesn't have to be entered. ",
Can you give me more details on this?

Thanks
salina
Gail Hernandez, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Robert Moloney, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 21 Beitrittsdatum: 11.06.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi guys ,

Is it possible to hide the extracted metadata from the Doc and media portlet? As in I have a metadata set that I created which I only want to see.

Rob
Gail Hernandez, geändert vor 10 Jahren.