Fórumok

Liferay Version Update 6.1 to 6.2

thumbnail
Bhaskar Kumar, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Version Update 6.1 to 6.2

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 38 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I need to migrate liferay 6.1EE to 6.2EE version , can anyone suggest, what 's the best approach to do version update. This is complete Spring portlets made in 6.1EE, I need to know , what are the changes requres to complete migration(6.1 to 6.2) in the current portlet . I have 6.2 liferay software.
Thanks !
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay Version Update 6.1 to 6.2

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 549 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Bhaskar,

Here you have the documentation for doing the upgrade to 6.2:
https://www.liferay.com/es/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/upgrading-liferay-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-18-en

Also, and as a EE, you will find more information in the customer portal.

Best regards.
thumbnail

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 38 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Alberto,

I went through the document , i want to know , what i have to update , because it should to update if we installing 6.2 liferay tomcat server.

https://www.liferay.com/es/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/upgrading-liferay-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-18-en
is any changes s requres in my Spring portlet ,i have read document it's mension about portal-ext.properties file ,there some changes is required.

Upto my understanding first i have to install 6.2 bundle , then import the project, then start change in portal-ext.properties .
Please currect if i am not wrong. Thank!
thumbnail

can anyane give brief idea on version migration(6.1 to 6.2), I am learning liferay.
Reagrds,
Bhaskar
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Bhaskar Kumar:
can anyane give brief idea on version migration(6.1 to 6.2)

I can even give you a very exhaustive idea on version migration. Note that this is the same link that Alberto posted above. If you have specific questions: Ask them. But that the most comprehensive documentation for upgrades that exist. And in System Administration Training we cover the principles with some experienced trainers.
thumbnail

Hi All ,
I am using maven project of Liferay 6.1.3 version . i need to update Liferay 6.2 version. I am running 6.2 liferay software.

I did the following steps:

Step-1: In the pom.xml , i changed the liferay version. 6.1.2.0 to 6.2
<properties>
<liferay.version>6.2</liferay.version>
<org.springframework-version>3.2.5.RELEASE</org.springframework-version>
</properties>

Is there any changes requires in .m2 repository for version update?
the path of .m2repository
C:/Users/vndratosbk/.m2/repository/com/liferay/portal/portal-web/6.1.20
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Bhaskar Kumar:
I am using maven project of Liferay 6.1.3 version . i need to update Liferay 6.2 version. I am running 6.2 liferay software....

With that small snippet of a pom, I can't really tell you if this is all. Suggesting that you create a new trivial plugin with Liferay 6.2 using the libraries that you need. Then compare its pom.xml with the one you have and compare what versions of which library are referenced. Or some maven wizard might step in. I've been in the (very) comfortable position to not needing to worry about the build-tool-peculiarities.
thumbnail

Hi Olaf,
Sorry for late response,6.2 license was available for me to work.
i am doing migration on 6.1.20 to 6.2. I am trying to build war but it is not successful.
getting error......
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building VWGoAOMD Portlet 1.7
[WARNING] The POM for com.liferay.portal:portal-service:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.liferay.portal:util-bridges:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.liferay.portal:util-taglib:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.liferay.portal:util-java:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.lowagie:itext:jar:2.1.7.js2 is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 4.919 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-09-04T13:36:29+05:30
[INFO] Final Memory: 8M/156M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project VWGoAOMD: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.vw.omdemoticonWGoAOMD:war:1.7: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.liferay.portal:portal-service:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1, com.liferay.portal:util-bridges:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1, com.liferay.portal:util-taglib:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1, com.liferay.portal:util-java:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1: Failure to find com.liferay.portal:portal-service:jar:6.2.10.1-GA1 in http://buildmgr.vwoa.na.vwg:8081/nexus/content/groups/public was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus1 has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full deb**************************************************************

i looked .m2, after changes in pom <liferay.version>6.1.20</liferay.version> to <liferay.version>6.2</liferay.version>

C:\Users\vndratosbk\.m2\repository\com\liferay\portal\portal-impl\6.1.20 its not updated 6.1.20 to 6.2

i am taking jar from nexus server . Al the jar is available with version 6.2.1.

Please provide me some approach .
thumbnail

You seem to be updating to 6.2.10, but state that the jars that are available are 6.2.1 - they should actually match your environment. 6.2.10 is EE, so you should download the required maven files from customer portal, install them locally and run with those.
thumbnail

it is successfully build. making changes of
<artifactId>liferay-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>6.2.1</version>

now i am tying to import lar on 6.2 it is not supported on 6.2 showing error message "LAR build number 6130 does not match portal build number 6210"
i am using HSQL database. Is it possible to import 6.1LAR on Liferay 6.2?
thumbnail

Bhaskar Kumar:
Is it possible to import 6.1LAR on Liferay 6.2?

No. LAR is built to be im- and exported on exactly the same version. It might even fail with different minor upgrades - at least I wouldn't guarantee it to work - there might be a fixed import in a newer version. In general it probably works on the same major version, but there's no guarantee that I'm aware of spanning different patchlevels.
thumbnail

It is very difficult to create new LAR once again for 6.2 project . Is there any different patch levels available to generate LAR on 6.1 to 6.2
Thanks.
thumbnail

Nope, sorry.