Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Artem Fedulov
css problems in newly created theme
March 18, 2012 8:48 AM
Answer

Artem Fedulov

Recent Posts

Hi, I'm new in liferay. I have created new theme step by step like in this tutorial
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/creating-a-the-4
and new theme has no any css to display, but templates and java scriptare working. I read that new theme should extend base theme and looks like classic theme, but it has not done.
What shall I do, to extend existing css from classic liferay theme? Do I have to write all the CSS again?
David H Nebinger
RE: css problems in newly created theme
March 18, 2012 9:20 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Recent Posts

The default parent theme used when you create a new theme is "_styled" which, unfortunately, is not really styled much at all.

If you change the parent theme to "classic" (in the build.xml of your theme project), it will look like the classic theme.

The basic intent with _styled is that all of the classes, etc., used in a liferay theme are provided but not populated. As the theme creator, you would modify all of the standard classes to match what you're looking for.

In reality this is overkill. Most people (especially those new to Liferay) want a real starting point where they can start tweaking a working theme from. Changing the parent theme to "classic" will do this for you.
Hitoshi Ozawa
March 18, 2012 8:44 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

If you're interested, Liferay's document on what David said:

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/theme-inheritan-4
Artem Fedulov
March 19, 2012 10:21 AM
Answer

Artem Fedulov

Recent Posts

Thanks for answers