Forums

Home » Liferay Documentation

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
RAS MAXIM
What does "book" in Liferay's terminology mean?
September 25, 2012 4:07 AM
Answer

RAS MAXIM

Recent Posts

Hello everyone, recently I've been reading Liferay's documentation and came across this term. It can be found here: http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/service-build-2 (Generate the Service section). I searched for this term on the Internet, but found nothing. Is that Liferay's own terminology or am I missing something? If it's the former, could you please give a closest analog of this term? If it's the latter, I would also like to know more. Thanks in advance.
James Falkner
RE: What does "book" in Liferay's terminology mean?
September 25, 2012 4:48 AM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

RAS MAXIM:
Hello everyone, recently I've been reading Liferay's documentation and came across this term. It can be found here: http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/service-build-2 (Generate the Service section). I searched for this term on the Internet, but found nothing. Is that Liferay's own terminology or am I missing something? If it's the former, could you please give a closest analog of this term? If it's the latter, I would also like to know more. Thanks in advance.

The term "Book" is just used as an example name for an entity that you can create using ServiceBuilder. It has no special meaning in the Liferay context...
Mika Koivisto
September 25, 2012 12:30 PM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Book is a book. You know the thing with pages and text. emoticon Yeah like James said it has no special meaning it's just an example entity.
David H Nebinger
September 25, 2012 12:37 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Recent Posts

Mika Koivisto:
Book is a book. You know the thing with pages and text. emoticon

Are they still making those? Ugh, so passe...
RAS MAXIM
September 25, 2012 8:00 PM
Answer

RAS MAXIM

Recent Posts

Thank you all, that helped a lot. At first I thought it was a reserved name for tables or something like that. Now the things are clear.