toggle
Milos Damnjanovic
Deploying new themes on Liferay/Jetty bundle
November 23, 2012 6:24 AM
Answer

Milos Damnjanovic

Recent Posts

Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding deployment of new themes to Liferay/Jetty bundle! I developed a custom theme on my local machine for a new portal and when i deploy it the problems start. The pages that use the new theme are then completely white and totaly unformated, like there is no CSS and no .vm template. Maybe the way i package and deploy theme is wrong? I package it trough liferay IDE and for deployment i just copy the theme into deploy folder inside the Liferay/Jetty bundle. Any help would be grately appreciated !

Thanks in advance!
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Deploying new themes on Liferay/Jetty bundle
November 24, 2012 3:33 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

You probably haven't inherited "classic" theme nor defined all css settings. If you just want to change some css settings, the best way is to just inherit "classic" theme and add your differences.

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/theme-inheritan-4
Milos Damnjanovic
November 26, 2012 1:02 AM
Answer

Milos Damnjanovic

Recent Posts

Thank you very much for your answer!

I have inherited _styled theme for my theme, and specified it in build.xml. I have also tried with _unstyled, and classic, but i get no results. I have pictures that are static in the theme, and are called trough velocity variables which are shown, but everything else is completely unformated , like liferay cannot find css files. In diffs folder i only have 2 css files custom, and main. Should i add other .css files also? I saw saome examples that say that i don need all .css files in_diffs so i didn`t put all of them..
Hitoshi Ozawa
November 26, 2012 3:01 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

If you inherited correctly, files in the parent theme should have been copied over during build.
Milos Damnjanovic
November 26, 2012 3:46 AM
Answer

Milos Damnjanovic

Recent Posts

I think i did, i have the same build.xml like it is in the link that you sent me, maybe i am not building the theme correctly - i build the theme trough eclipse and run the build-client ant script.

I am new to liferay so i have one more question. Should i have plugins sdk on the server?

Thank you for your answers!
Milos Damnjanovic
November 26, 2012 4:09 AM
Answer

Milos Damnjanovic

Recent Posts

It works!

i built the theme manually with ant trough terminal and it works!

Thank you for your answers again!