toggle
Fabio Raiteri
Can't add portlet to page with custom theme
January 30, 2013 2:02 AM
Answer

Fabio Raiteri

Recent Posts

Hello to all,
I have a problem I can not solve it and having sailed a bit on the net I noticed that no one gives a correct answer.

I'm using version:
Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.1 CE GA2 (Build 6101)

The problem is that when I use a custom theme, which is created by me as .war project I can not add portlets to the page.
Initially, you could not even expand the categories of portlets in the menu that appears when clicking on dockbar ADD -> More ...

Then I followed the instructions on this topic and I set the hook:
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12379767

and now the categories are expanded, however, when I click on ADD next to the name of the portlet, the portlet is not added to the page and I get a javascript error.
I tried to understand the origin, but it is too nested in native liferay code.

The current error that I get in js console is: "Can not read property 'dropContainer' of undefined";
I noticed that actually inside the js liferay layout_configuration.js at line 351,

layoutOptions.dropContainer is undefined, because layoutOptions is undefined.

layoutOptions is get through:
var = layoutOptions Layout.options;

Layout is a js object and is not undefined ... so I do not understand why the Layout.options is undefined.
I think the problem is just that, once we get the options it should work. I already tried to fill manually the Layout options but it does not work, probably i didn't insert in the correct format each strings values.

The question is: no one has ever had this problem? and why is not the problem fixed by the liferay team, and someone can help me to solve it?

Thank you all,
Fabio
Fabio Raiteri
RE: Can't add portlet to page with custom theme
February 11, 2013 1:06 AM
Answer

Fabio Raiteri

Recent Posts

Any idea????
plz...
Rahul Rabhadiya
June 19, 2013 11:32 PM
Answer

Rahul Rabhadiya

Recent Posts

Facing same issue if you find any solution then please suggest me ..
Oliver Bayer
June 20, 2013 1:28 AM
Answer

Oliver Bayer

Recent Posts

Hi Fabio,

to narrow this bug down to your custom theme please switch to the liferay classic theme and re-check if it's possible to add portlets onto a page there. If it's working this way the problem has to be inside your theme. My guess would be that you've missed/ removed some required css classes/ ids e.g. add the "id="content"" to the div container of your theme which contains the portlets.

HTH Oli
Rahul Rabhadiya
June 27, 2013 2:53 AM
Answer

Rahul Rabhadiya

Recent Posts

I have everything in my theme but still I am neither able to add portlet nor I am able to see any menu of portlet s(That were added under classic theme) .I think required aui js files are not getting loaded but Though I am not getting exacl issue. If you have any clue than please let me know..emoticon