Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
E Smith
Liferay Tomcat Server in Eclipse Error
March 7, 2013 8:32 AM
Answer

E Smith

Recent Posts

This only occurs if I start Liferay via the Eclipse IDE (command line start up functions correctly without the error).

Here is the start of the stack trace. If more lines are needed I can provide them:
Mar 7, 2013 4:20:34 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 44388 ms
16:20:40,009 WARN [http-bio-8082-exec-3][404_jsp:?] /html/css/portal/@theme_image_path@/aui/icon_sprite.png
16:20:43,090 INFO [com.liferay.portal.plugin.PluginPackageUtil][PluginPackageUtil:1421] Checking for available updates
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ce-ga2\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.27\temp\jffi1575917793921507026.tmp: Access is denied
at com.kenai.jffi.Foreign$InValidInstanceHolder.getForeign(Foreign.java:90)
at com.kenai.jffi.Foreign.getInstance(Foreign.java:95)
at com.kenai.jffi.Library.openLibrary(Library.java:151)
at com.kenai.jffi.Library.getCachedInstance(Library.java:125)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Library.loadNativeLibraries(Library.java:66)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Library.getNativeLibraries(Library.java:56)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Library.getSymbolAddress(Library.java:35)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Library.findSymbolAddress(Library.java:45)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.AsmLibraryLoader.generateInterfaceImpl(AsmLibraryLoader.java:188)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.AsmLibraryLoader.loadLibrary(AsmLibraryLoader.java:110)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Provider.loadLibrary(Provider.java:31)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Provider.loadLibrary(Provider.java:25)
at com.kenai.jaffl.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:76)
...more lines of the stack trace...
Unable to load Sass. Please install it with one of the following commands:
gem install sass --pre
16:20:49,301 ERROR [http-bio-8082-exec-7][DynamicCSSFilter:185] Unable to parse SASS on CSS C:/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ce-ga2/liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/html/portlet/journal_content/css/main.css
org.jruby.embed.EvalFailedException: (LoadError) load error: sass/version -- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.kenai.jaffl.struct.Constants

The error happens when you try to hit the server (via a browser). The file in question does not exist until you do that.

I'm still digging on this but any help/direction would be appriciated.
E Smith
RE: Liferay Tomcat Server in Eclipse Error
March 7, 2013 11:45 AM
Answer

E Smith

Recent Posts

I made the change detailed here: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12390733

This fixed some of it...now I just see a ton of errors about 'Access is denied'.

All looking at this file:
C:\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ce-ga2\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.27\temp\jffi4054093573827909924.tmp: Access is denied

The file isn't created until the first request hits the server. Not sure if something multithreaded is trying to hit it? Or what the issue here is. I'm running on Windows.
E Smith
March 8, 2013 5:53 AM
Answer

E Smith

Recent Posts

I decided to try fresh installs. Removed the sdk & liferay tomcat bundle. Deleted my Eclipse workspace.

Downloaded the latest SDK and verified the bundle I have is the latest Liferay/Tomcat bundle. Re-extracted both. Set them up in Eclipse. Same errors.

Anyone running into this or have some advice? Not sure what else to try here...

Unable to parse SASS on CSS C:/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ce-ga2/liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/html/themes/classic/css/extras.css
org.jruby.embed.EvalFailedException: (LoadError) load error: sass/version -- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.kenai.jaffl.struct.Constants
at org.jruby.embed.internal.EmbedEvalUnitImpl.run(EmbedEvalUnitImpl.java:127)
at org.jruby.embed.ScriptingContainer.runUnit(ScriptingContainer.java:1231)
at org.jruby.embed.ScriptingContainer.runScriptlet(ScriptingContainer.java:1224)
at com.liferay.portal.scripting.ruby.RubyExecutor.eval(RubyExecutor.java:177)
at com.liferay.portal.scripting.ruby.RubyExecutor.eval(RubyExecutor.java:121)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.dynamiccss.DynamicCSSUtil._parseSass(DynamicCSSUtil.java:299)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.dynamiccss.DynamicCSSUtil.parseSass(DynamicCSSUtil.java:138)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.dynamiccss.DynamicCSSFilter.getDynamicContent(DynamicCSSFilter.java:148)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.dynamiccss.DynamicCSSFilter.processFilter(DynamicCSSFilter.java:212)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:57)
E Smith
March 11, 2013 7:07 AM
Answer

E Smith

Recent Posts

Bump for origional error:
16:20:43,090 INFO [com.liferay.portal.plugin.PluginPackageUtil][PluginPackageUtil:1421] Checking for available updates
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ce-ga2\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.27\temp\jffi1575917793921507026.tmp: Access is denied
at com.kenai.jffi.Foreign$InValidInstanceHolder.getForeign(Foreign.java:90)
at com.kenai.jffi.Foreign.getInstance(Foreign.java:95)
at com.kenai.jffi.Library.openLibrary(Library.java:151)
at com.kenai.jffi.Library.getCachedInstance(Library.java:125)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Library.loadNativeLibraries(Library.java:66)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Library.getNativeLibraries(Library.java:56)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Library.getSymbolAddress(Library.java:35)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Library.findSymbolAddress(Library.java:45)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.AsmLibraryLoader.generateInterfaceImpl(AsmLibraryLoader.java:188)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.AsmLibraryLoader.loadLibrary(AsmLibraryLoader.java:110)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Provider.loadLibrary(Provider.java:31)
at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.Provider.loadLibrary(Provider.java:25)
at com.kenai.jaffl.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:76)
...more lines of the stack trace...
Unable to load Sass. Please install it with one of the following commands:
gem install sass --pre
16:20:49,301 ERROR [http-bio-8082-exec-7][DynamicCSSFilter:185] Unable to parse SASS on CSS C:/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ce-ga2/liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/html/portlet/journal_content/css/main.css

I have tried playing with windows file permissions (using Cygwin) and that did not seem to help. Tried running Eclipse as Admin, no difference.

Any suggestions/direction are appriciated.
Manish Yadav
March 11, 2013 9:57 AM
Answer

Manish Yadav

Recent Posts

It seems ..server is trying to create directory in c: drive but it don't have permission to create
Try to install eclipse in other drive d: or e: