Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Leonard Scardino
Page Export/Import with Staging Enabled Issue
April 22, 2013 7:58 AM
Answer

Leonard Scardino

Recent Posts

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

We are working on a process for doing a site export / import for purposes of our initial deploy to go from our local instance to our DEV environment (and ultimately to the TEST and PROD environments). I'm able to do this just fine with staging turned off on the server that is doing the import. However, if the import server has staging turned on, I get the pages and the placement of the content portlets, but the data associations are gone. So I have a page full of content portlets with no content. Mind you, the content itself does come over. I can see them in the "Documents and Media", but the page has lost its association to them.

Yes I could re-associate them, but I'm trying to create a seamless deployment process. Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution? It's possible I'm missing a step in the export / import process, or choosing an option improperly, etc. But I'm able to do this just fine without staging turned on, so I'm confused.

Thanks for any help. I'll be more than happy to provide any additional details. I can consistently reproduce this behavior with fresh installs and a single page.
Leonard Scardino
RE: Page Export/Import with Staging Enabled Issue
April 23, 2013 7:42 AM
Answer

Leonard Scardino

Recent Posts

Sorry to bump this so soon after creation, but if I don't find a solution soon we are going to have to make the decision not to use Staging at all, and I really don't want to do that. It buys us so much.

I'll take guesses. Anything that could potentially point me in the right direction. I would be very surprised if no one else has encountered this. I can reproduce with a simple case with no problem.

Thanks.