Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Roman Hoyenko
Would you choose Liferay again? (continued)
November 2, 2007 12:05 PM
Answer

Roman Hoyenko

Recent Posts

Since the main thread is locked, continuing here.

Joel Kozikowski had some good points about moving the portlets out of Liferay. I agree with the 3 layers model, it makes sense and actually will cover a lot of our use-case scenarios.

I started writing a response before I saw his message, so including it here.

That's a very good news! Can't wait to see it happen. I think it would improve portal quality and make it more stable.

Moving core portlets out makes some sense - let's say I want to modify login Portlet. First - I don't need to restart the portal after upgrade. Second - if I upgrade the portal I don't need to go back and change the login portlet again. Even if I don't want to use Liferay login at all and want to create my own it would be easier to see on the example of original login portlet.
Jorge Ferrer
RE: Would you choose Liferay again? (continued)
November 3, 2007 10:46 AM
Answer

Jorge Ferrer

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hey Roman,

The original thread seems to be open again. I think we should keep using it to avoid loosing the very valuable previous posts.
Matte Black
RE: Would you choose Liferay again? (continued)
November 6, 2007 1:21 PM
Answer

Matte Black

Recent Posts

Jorge Ferrer:
The original thread seems to be open again. I think we should keep using it to avoid loosing the very valuable previous posts.

Great idea. But could the entire thread just be deleted, please? David? Jorge? Anyone?