Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Kumar M
How to customize my profile portlet and custom fields
May 6, 2013 12:10 AM
Answer

Kumar M

Recent Posts

Hi All,

I am new to liferay, currently am working on the liferay 6.1 with jsf portlets.
As per the requirement i would like to customize my profile portlet.
currently my profile portlet is under the control panel so we would like to add into the separate navigation and i would like to create separate .war file for my profile after that i i'll add into the any navigation.
At the same i would like to add some custom fields and i want to inactive existing fields.

Could you please help me this.

Thanks and Best Regards
Vijay Kumar
Neil Griffin
RE: How to customize my profile portlet and custom fields
May 6, 2013 12:36 PM
Answer

Neil Griffin

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

It is possible to satisfy your requirements with a JSF portlet, but there are a few things you will need to do in order to make it work:

1) I recommend that you look at the latest source for the icefaces3-users-portlet or primefaces3-users-portlet since they are slimmed-down JSF alternatives to the out-of-the-box "Users and Organizations" portlet. These portlets are new to the 3.1.x branch, and will be released with Liferay Faces 3.1.2-ga3. For now, you can download WARs from the Snapshot Repository. If you want to build the source yourself, follow the instructions for Building Liferay Faces From Source. Note that you will want to do "git checkout 3.1.x" in order to make sure you're working with a version of Liferay Faces that is compatible with Liferay 6.1.

2) In order to get the "My Account" link to display your JSF portlet, you would need to add a ServicePreAction. See "servlet.service.events.pre" in portal.properties for more info. Specifically, you would need to call ThemeDisplay.setURLMyAccount(String) and pass in the URL to your JSF portlet.

3) In order to have custom fields, you should use Expandos. The jsf2-registration-portlet source shows how to add an Expando Custom Field for "Favorite Color".