Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
anu 86
How to edit the Liferay Community theme
October 14, 2009 11:04 PM
Answer

anu 86

Recent Posts

I downloaded the liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-5.2.3 and I added a community theme to it by downloading the .war file of the theme. Now the portal page is looking well with the community theme. But the problem is now I need to customize the theme by changing the site name to my portal page (instead of the name liferay appear in the heading ) etc. I'm new to Liferay and can anyone please help me to do that by mentioning the required steps.

Thank You
Jerry Niu
RE: How to edit the Liferay Community theme
October 15, 2009 12:12 AM
Answer

Jerry Niu

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

anupama piyumali pathirage:
I downloaded the liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-5.2.3 ... I need to customize the theme by changing the site name to my portal page (instead of the name liferay appear in the heading ) etc.

You can change the name in the control panel

Control Panel => Settings (Portal) => General (Main Configuration) => Name (Default is "Liferay")
anu 86
October 15, 2009 12:47 AM
Answer

anu 86

Recent Posts

Thank you very much Niu. It works well.

Thank You
anu 86
October 15, 2009 12:59 AM
Answer

anu 86

Recent Posts

Hi,

I have another confusion. Can we change the other properties of the community theme like colors? Because I need to change the appearance of the existing theme by changing the colors etc. Can I do that changes to community theme using the .war file or do I need to write a theme from the beginning?

Can you please help me on that ?

Thank You
Jerry Niu
October 15, 2009 12:01 PM
Answer

Jerry Niu

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

At this point, I would look into starting a Theme from scratch and applying that knowledge to the existing themes. Start with the Theme wiki page.

If you're in Tomcat bundle, just modify the theme in the webapps.
anu 86
October 17, 2009 9:15 AM
Answer

anu 86

Recent Posts

Thanks for your guidance. Now I'm reading and trying those things.
Bhupesh Nagda
March 19, 2012 4:12 AM
Answer

Bhupesh Nagda

Recent Posts

Hello Jerry,
I am using Liferay portal 6.0.6 CE and I want to edit the existing classic theme and change the look and feel including the the page headers,footers, background images and colors. I am using tomcat bundle, Also I could change the background color and and normal CSS editing through Manage->Page->Look And Feel->CSS. but I need to do more changes as mentioned above. I did a lot of reading for the same and tried and edit the portal-normal.vm file, I also added a image but its not showing on every page, it seems I am missing some understanding. Do I have to add some velocity coding?? Where can I get the Complete workflow architecture of the portal so that I could have a better understanding of what and how to edit to meet my requirement. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You
David H Nebinger
March 19, 2012 5:21 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Recent Posts

You really should start a new thread rather than digging up an old thread to extend.

In your new thread you should probably explain what you've done and what has failed...