toggle
Suresh Nimmakayala
Portlet Vs portal Instances in 4.3.6
January 28, 2008 2:24 PM
Answer

Suresh Nimmakayala

Recent Posts

Hi Everyone,

This instance concept is Gr8 still we need some features like portlet permissions per instance.

if i deployed a portlet and only want to give the option to see in add content for some instances only how can we achieve this. because i am unable to see admin portlet other than default company( for ex:liferay.com).

is that we have to deploy another war like prev version for (ex:4.2.2) ?

in 4.2.2 every portal we deploy as another war and we set the omniadmin users in portal-ext properties. once we see the admin portlet i able to set the portlets active or inactive based on the portal.

seems in 4.3.6 i can't do that except default instance or i am missing something here?emoticon

if we dont want to give the admin portlet to more than one instance as Frame work or some reasons at least we able to manage the portlet permissions for instance should be able to do i think. this is what we are missing i hope currently. emoticon

i appreciate everyone who are looking this and share your thoughts.

Cheers
Soori N
Jorge Ferrer
RE: Portlet Vs portal Instances in 4.3.6
February 11, 2008 1:45 AM
Answer

Jorge Ferrer

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Soori N,

The admin portlet has only now omni admin functionalities. For that reason it's only available for the default instance, so that the administration for any other instance can be safely delegated.

The functionality that you are looking for has been moved to the Enterprise Admin portlet under the plugins tab.
Suresh Nimmakayala
RE: Portlet Vs portal Instances in 4.3.6
February 11, 2008 4:56 PM
Answer

Suresh Nimmakayala

Recent Posts

thanks jorge i found it emoticon