Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Mark Doerr
Creation Dates and Last Modified
July 20, 2010 7:59 AM
Answer

Mark Doerr

Recent Posts

I want to be very clear that I understand how these things work in liferay, and what I'm asking about is how the Company Liferay implements the application on their web page.

When sifting through forum posts, Blogs, Wiki articles, and even web content pages, it is extremely helpful if you would display the creation date and last modified date on each object. This is particularly true for Blogs, Wiki, and and web content/journal articles. This documentation tends to be kind of stale on this site, and displaying that information in an obvious, and consistent location make's it much easier to judge the value of any given article.

Thanks for listening.
Szymon Gołębiewski
RE: Creation Dates and Last Modified
July 21, 2010 4:37 AM
Answer

Szymon Gołębiewski

Recent Posts

Bump
Juan Fernández
July 21, 2010 4:48 AM
Answer

Juan Fernández

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Mark:

maybe I misunderstood you, but you can see the creation dates of blog entries (near the entry author), the date of the forums post (under the title) and in the wiki pages you can see the full story of the current page (by clicking in the "details" link)

Are you proposing us to detect if the user has modified the content after the creation?

I'll be pleased to help you if you clarify this point

Thanks for your interest,
Juan Fernández
Szymon Gołębiewski
July 21, 2010 5:05 AM
Answer

Szymon Gołębiewski

Recent Posts

1. On blogs there is only creation date. It will be nice if you could add "last modified" date too.
2. On Wiki article list (http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/tag/development) you'll see articles but in what order? It's not sorted alphabetically nor by revision nor by date. It will be very usefull if you could sort them by "last modified" date.
3. I offen use Google to search for articles about Liferay and I offen land on Liferay wiki (http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Introduction+to+Liferay+%28for+New+Developers%29). As you can see there are no "Creation" or "Last modified" dates. I know I can see it on "Datails" sub-page but from usability point of view it is a terrible functionality :| Please show "Last modified" date on the wiki page.
4. On Forum thread (http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/category/239390) you can't sort
5. As for Web content - I can't find any Roadmap article or the one about release dates. Users ofen asks on Annocuements thread "what is a date for relase for X.X.X". Can't you just prepare one page similar to the one Mozilla Foundation has (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Thunderbird3:Final) with "Last modified date" displayed on it? I know you change your release dates very offen but with that single page we all will know about any change (of course you must remember to edit it). Please, this information is very important to us and our businnes beacuse we have to know if we should apply some patches or can we just wait another week for the corrected version of Liferay

Cheers,
Simon
Szymon Gołębiewski
July 22, 2010 3:32 AM
Answer

Szymon Gołębiewski

Recent Posts

BUMP
Juan Fernández
July 22, 2010 4:26 AM
Answer

Juan Fernández

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Simon:
your proposals are very interesting.

Why don't you post them in the "Suggestions and Feature Requests" section so that the other members of the community can discuss if they're interesting for them too and maybe start developing one of your proposals as a contribution?

Keep participating! emoticon
Thanks,
Juan Fernández
Szymon Gołębiewski
July 22, 2010 4:57 AM
Answer

Szymon Gołębiewski

Recent Posts

Juan Fernández:
Hi Simon:
your proposals are very interesting.

Why don't you post them in the "Suggestions and Feature Requests" section so that the other members of the community can discuss if they're interesting for them too and maybe start developing one of your proposals as a contribution?

Keep participating! emoticon
Thanks,
Juan Fernández

Juan,

Thanks for info but most of the stuff I wrote is about the issues regarding Liferay.com. I hope you won't wait until users contribute change that enables "last modified" date on Wiki page or that they wrote "Roadmap" article by them selves ;)

I will post my usability suggestions on the "Suggestions" thread.

Cheers,
Simon
Ryan T
November 17, 2010 5:57 PM
Answer

Ryan T

Recent Posts

Also I have poked around and cannot find this..

Is there a way to view the last logged in time and date of a user, or a trail of when they did?