Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 2. Using Liferay » General

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Sharma Vedula February 20, 2008 3:04 PM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Jesper W February 26, 2008 12:14 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Saeed Sh. March 3, 2008 11:13 PM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Artur Linhart March 4, 2008 3:12 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Michael Saechang March 4, 2008 10:56 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Saeed Sh. July 5, 2008 3:22 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Balaji K Ramakrishnan September 4, 2008 4:44 PM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Artur Linhart October 7, 2008 8:35 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin delang j March 31, 2009 7:42 PM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Artur Linhart April 7, 2009 6:35 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Saranga Pani Rao April 17, 2009 1:33 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Artur Linhart June 2, 2009 9:41 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Krishnendu Mukherjee September 16, 2010 4:38 AM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Artur Linhart November 29, 2010 11:39 PM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin delang j May 5, 2009 6:49 PM
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin Artur Linhart June 2, 2009 8:09 AM
Sharma Vedula
How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin
February 20, 2008 3:04 PM
Answer

Sharma Vedula

Recent Posts

How can I hide pages/portlets so that when a user who should not be able to for ex. add users or do anything that the "Enterprise Admin" portlet allows? When I go to "Manage Pages" and hide a page that contains the "Enterprise Admin", it hides it from everybody including the Admin.

Thanks

Sharma
Jesper W
RE: How to hide pages/portlets from all users except for Admin
February 26, 2008 12:14 AM
Answer

Jesper W

Recent Posts

The Hide setting does just that, it hides the page completely.

You want to use the Permissions setting of the page or portlet.
Remove the "View" setting for Guest or any other communities.
Saeed Sh.
March 3, 2008 11:13 PM
Answer

Saeed Sh.

Recent Posts

Hi,

When I revoke the view permission from a user for a portlet, the portlet does not become hidden instead a red message is
displayed saying the user has not appropriate permissions to access the portlet. I want to hide the portlet from user's view.
How can I do this?
Artur Linhart
March 4, 2008 3:12 AM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

Hello,

I do not know it exactly, but I think You can set it by some from the attributes

#
# Set the following to true if users are shown that they do not have access
# to a portlet. The portlet init parameter "show-portlet-access-denied" will
# override this setting.
#
layout.show.portlet.access.denied=true

#
# Set the following to true if users are shown that a portlet is inactive.
# The portlet init parameter "show-portlet-inactive" will override this
# setting.
#
layout.show.portlet.inactive=true

defined in portal.properties.
So You should define the portal-ext.properties file in the directory webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes and put there the settings from above and try to set them to false (especially the first one)...

with regards, Archie
Michael Saechang
March 4, 2008 10:56 AM
Answer

Michael Saechang

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Artur Linhart:
Hello,

#
# override this setting.
#

Saeed,

Artur is right on the money. Add...

layout.show.portlet.access.denied=false

to your portal-ext.properties and it will make any portlet invisible when the user does not have permissions to view it. thus the user will not even know that there is a portlet there.

-mike
Saeed Sh.
July 5, 2008 3:22 AM
Answer

Saeed Sh.

Recent Posts

Thanks, my problem got resolved but I have a similar problem in Message Boards portlet. In this portlet if a user does not have view permission on a particular thread, a red box appears around that thread and this can't be resolved by setting those properties to false. Is there any solution for this too?
Balaji K Ramakrishnan
September 4, 2008 4:44 PM
Answer

Balaji K Ramakrishnan

Recent Posts

Hi,
I need to hide the portlets based on the user specific. Every users are having separate login credentials.
For ex:
Admin can view 3 portlets
Hello World
Calendar
Loan Calculator
User 1 - can only view Hello world
User 2 - can only view Calendar
User 3 - can only view Loan Calculator

I have added the layout.show.portlet.access.denied=false
in portal-ext.properties.
The Enterprise Admin portlet alone only not visible in all the portlets.

Expecting your replies.

Thanks and Regards
Bal K R

Michael Saechang:
Artur Linhart:
Hello,

#
# override this setting.
#

Saeed,

Artur is right on the money. Add...

layout.show.portlet.access.denied=false

to your portal-ext.properties and it will make any portlet invisible when the user does not have permissions to view it. thus the user will not even know that there is a portlet there.

-mike
Artur Linhart
October 7, 2008 8:35 AM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

Hello,

I have added the layout.show.portlet.access.denied=false
in portal-ext.properties.
The Enterprise Admin portlet alone only not visible in all the portlets.

- I did not understood what You mean, can You explain it once again, please?

with regards, Archie
delang j
March 31, 2009 7:42 PM
Answer

delang j

Recent Posts

hi sharma,
did you successfully hide pages from all user except for admin?
i also have same scenario with you. i want to hide pages from user(Authenticated users) and visible guest only but failed. i already tried with 5.1.1 and 5.2.2. am i miss some steps?
could someone guide me? really appreciate it...
Artur Linhart
April 7, 2009 6:35 AM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

Hello,

I think, Your question is a little bit different - You want to hide complete pages, not only the portlets in the pages.

In the page management You can define the page permissions for every page. As far as I know, it does not work well on the zero-level of the navigation (especially on the first page of the zero level), but below the "zero level" of the page tree the access rights work well, I think.

Can You describe more deeply the problems or try alternatively to solve it on the level one, not level zero?

with best regards, Archie
Saranga Pani Rao
April 17, 2009 1:33 AM
Answer

Saranga Pani Rao

Recent Posts

Hi Artur!!!!,

Problem : In sign-in page I am unable to remove the Portlet that are created and added into the application .

Steps to create a problem :

1) After sign –in/login add Application/Portlet
2) Sign-out from application
3) In the sign in page , added Portlet are displayed.

My Question : Is anything related to the themes / related to configurations that are missed up .

I tried very much on this issue….  and its urgent

How to remove add application what changes has to do in portal.ext.properties
delang j
May 5, 2009 6:49 PM
Answer

delang j

Recent Posts

Artur Linhart:
Hello,

I think, Your question is a little bit different - You want to hide complete pages, not only the portlets in the pages.

In the page management You can define the page permissions for every page. As far as I know, it does not work well on the zero-level of the navigation (especially on the first page of the zero level), but below the "zero level" of the page tree the access rights work well, I think.

Can You describe more deeply the problems or try alternatively to solve it on the level one, not level zero?

hi artur,
this is what im planning to do. i want my portal avaiable to registered user only, guest only can view sign page only. i tried gave permission to all page but the keep looping. when i tried modified index.jsp file to redirect to /c/portal/login, i cant click create account button.
Artur Linhart
June 2, 2009 8:09 AM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

delang j:
Artur Linhart:
Hello,

hi artur,
this is what im planning to do. i want my portal avaiable to registered user only, guest only can view sign page only. i tried gave permission to all page but the keep looping. when i tried modified index.jsp file to redirect to /c/portal/login, i cant click create account button.

Hello,

I would propose to You:
1. create the community
2. on the public site place only the login page
3. place all pages for logged-in users into the private site
- this works well in every case, I think.

with best regards

Archie
Artur Linhart
June 2, 2009 9:41 AM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

Sarangarao Pani Rao:
Hi Artur!!!!,

Problem : In sign-in page I am unable to remove the Portlet that are created and added into the application .

Steps to create a problem :

1) After sign –in/login add Application/Portlet
2) Sign-out from application
3) In the sign in page , added Portlet are displayed.

My Question : Is anything related to the themes / related to configurations that are missed up .

I tried very much on this issue….  and its urgent

How to remove add application what changes has to do in portal.ext.properties

Hello, Do You mean there is something in Your login page added?

Is Your login page some custom page or is it just the system default login page? In the fist case You should be able tor emove the portlet by the portlet controls - please look into the dock if there is checked the option "toggle controls" on. In the second case there should be only the login portlet maximized, so You should be not able to add there some portlets.

cheers, Artur
Krishnendu Mukherjee
September 16, 2010 4:38 AM
Answer

Krishnendu Mukherjee

Recent Posts

I have a similar requirement where i want to make some portlets visible to users only when they havn't logged in. They should disappear when the user logs in. Please guide me how to achieve this. I have tried giving portlet permission to only Guest. But then the portlet is available even after log in.

Please help
Artur Linhart
November 29, 2010 11:39 PM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

Hello,

sorry for longer delay, unfortunatelly I did not receive a notification e-mail with your post...

We have made it so, the guest porltets were in the public community. because You are automatically redirected to the private community after the login, then You can make your guest page in the public community and your page for the authenticated user in the private community and you should achieve the same effect like if the portlet on the same public page would disappear...

You can also play with the parameter in portal-ext.properties "default.landing.page.path"

cheers, Artur