- All questions are based on Liferay best practices when developing for Liferay DXP.
- Unless other otherwise indicated in the question, assume a new Liferay installation with no additional plugins installed and no modifications to portal properties.
Front-End Developer 7.2
Get Prepared for the Exam
Example Test Questions
- Which three Yeoman generators are available with the Liferay NPM Toolkit?
(Please select all correct answers.)
A. Liferay Layouts Generator
B. Liferay Fragments Generator
C.Liferay Web Content Generator
D. Liferay Theme Generator
E. Liferay Bundle Generator
Answer: B, D, and E
- What is the design language that provides a common framework for building interfaces within the Liferay product ecosystem?
Front-End developers have a variety of tools at their disposal to create and customize their Liferay projects, including the Liferay NPM Toolkit, Blade CLI, and an intuitive and extensible design language, Lexicon.
Themes in Liferay DXP are used to comprehensively control the look and feel of a site. They are highly customizable and are generated by the Liferay Theme Generator.
Widget Templates enable developers to ensure that the presentation of widgets on the platform matches its established branding.
Web Content Templates give front-end developers the ability to control the presentation of web content.
Liferay DXP comes equipped with several experience management tools, including page fragments and layout templates, that enable front-end developers to provide immersive digital experiences.
Preparing for the Exam
Achieving recognition as a Liferay Certified Professional Front-End Developer demonstrates that you understand core concepts for front-end development on Liferay. The exam is designed to be challenging, yet fair for Liferay developers. Here’s how you can succeed:
- This exam is based off of the Liferay Training course Front-End Developer.
- Attend the Front-End Developer training course. Attending training is not required before you sit for the exam, but much of the exam material is based on concepts covered in training.
- Review additional source material. Liferay Developer Network is an amazing complementary source of information for the exam.
- Get hands-on development experience. Some of the topics covered on the exam require the kind of knowledge that comes from real experience developing for the Liferay Platform. If you have attended a developer training, be sure you've completed and reviewed all of the exercises presented during class, even the bonus exercises. If you haven't attended training, spend some time developing applications and customizations. It would also be helpful to review Liferay’s source code to ensure you're familiar with Liferay's best practices.
- Show up to the testing center with the required identification and take the 90-minute exam.